Yellow Diamonds!

Onebagtoomany

O.G.
Apr 16, 2011
Apologies if there is already a thread on this, but I am planning to buy a yellow diamond ring soon and would love to see photos of any lucky TPF’s who already own one! I’m especially interested in seeing any with the Fancy Yellow colour grading as this is the colour of the yellow diamond ring I want to buy.

Reactions: Miss Happy
View attachment 4702166 View attachment 4702167 My 2.68 carat cushion cut yellow diamond. I’m sorry but the cert is in the bank and can’t remember what it was. Hope this helps!
I love yellow diamonds and wanted one forever...
Gorgeous...love your setting!
Fancy Vivid...has a slight orange cast.
Not the same quality but I had to get earrings and pendant. Once you start.........
vivid yellow diamond ring.jpg
yellow diamond earrings.jpg

Wow skyqueen! Love that vivid. I know mine was clinging to the tippy end of the fancy spectrum. It does not have that vivid wowza color but when I look straight down into the stone it pulls me in like Harry Potter’s pensieve!
Yes, yellows definitely need to be tried on to see what compliments your skin tone.

Luckily I know yellow diamonds will suit me as I wear a lot of yellow gold (best metal colour for my blonde hair and pale skin) and have citrine earrings in a very similar hue (yellow-toned rather than orange, which I prefer). The two rings I am looking at are in diamond halos set in platinum, one is a fancy light yellow and the other is a fancy yellow but I don’t see a lot of difference in the colour to be honest. I know the fancy yellow is officially the better colour but I love the setting of the fancy light yellow and it is still a very pretty colour. Both come with GIA reports. I’ll see if I can get photos on here!

And this is the fancy light yellow diamond ring set in platinum. The yellow diamond has a carat weight of 0.62 carat. I prefer the setting of this ring and the yellow looks very similar to the other ring, despite technically being one grade lighter. However, this is a new ring and £1000 more expensive than the other one. It is from the same seller that sold me my sapphire pear halo ring which I am delighted with. The main things I am not sure of are the much steeper price and the colour grading.

Attachments

• 228D62EF-51CC-410A-8382-F7D494AF18B5.jpeg
    228D62EF-51CC-410A-8382-F7D494AF18B5.jpeg
    83.7 KB · Views: 310