Year 2000s (00s decade) bags that we still love

Sep 7, 2008
The decade 2000-2010 has been a defining moment for luxurt bags. This was when "it bags" became very much a part of the popular culture. Celebrities became influential in making a bag popular. Some of these bags are being reissued lately. There are bags that are still a part of many bag lovers' collection, while others are probably forgotten and are considered too un-trendy to use. They are not yet vintage, but not modern either.

Which among the bags in the 2000s (also shortly before and shortly after) do you still have or have decided to acquire even long after their popularity? I do have a very small collection (e.g. Dior saddle, Fendi spy, Marc Jacobs stam, Louis Vuitton pochette, etc.). I just find myself still gravitating towards these bags - probably because of nostalgia. :love: I'd like to know if you share the same interest. :smile:

I was thinking about this very recently, I have an urge to carry them again.

I don't own many of the 'it' bags, but I have a few of their sisters

Gucci Horsebit Chain line (I have 4...or 5(?) :shucks: )

Chloe Paddington and Bay (I have the all-black front pocket Paddy, I actually like the Bay more)

MJ Venetia

Chloe Paddington and Bay (I have the all-black front pocket Paddy, I actually like the Bay more)

MJ Venetia

I'd say go carry them again! Whenever I get the chance to go out (which is rare these days), I make it a point to wear one of my 2000s bags. They are so unique and just so "out there". I'd like to encourage more people to use "old stuff". I think fast fashion has made people so pressured to keep up with what's trendy or Instagrammable. I'm glad some luxury brands are re-issuing some of their iconic styles - it makes people buy vintage.

My Marc Jacobs was my first luxury bag...I still have it, though it is super heavy. I'm sad that MJ is no longer as nice as it was before. I also have the Gucci horse bit line...love it!

I recently bought a vintage Gucci Jackie! I love it! And I also bought a stam bag. It is really big and heavy - especially if I compare it with my more current bags. But the quality is amazing. I still find the design so beautiful. :heart:

MJ Venetia
I have had the same urge since December 2019! I pulled a couple out and have been carrying them off and on since then. My Dior Malice, I love the beads! Also my Fendi Spy! I couldn't remember the last time I carried my Dior, but my Spy :heart: I still carry every once in a while.

I don't know why, but my bags from that time period always seem to work best with my Fall/Winter wardrobe. :smile:

I have had the same urge since December 2019! I pulled a couple out and have been carrying them off and on since then. My Dior Malice, I love the beads! Also my Fendi Spy! I couldn't remember the last time I carried my Dior, but my Spy :heart: I still carry every once in a while.

I don't know why, but my bags from that time period always seem to work best with my Fall/Winter wardrobe. :smile:

I still have Spy envy :lol:

I still have my Gerard Darel 24Hr bag. It was an IT bag for a brief time, and then strangely, the brand disappeared from the scene here. I kept her for nostalgia, but I should take her out of her dustbag and let her breathe.
View attachment 4847217
Yes, please use it. I like it so much when I see people wearing older bag designs or vintage versions. I find it so cool. Haha. I hope it becomes on trend or more mainstream.

I googled Dior Malice too - i'm learning so much from this thread about older bag designs. It is gorgeous!
1600285362072.png