Yeah! I'm going to Paris...apartment to stay?

thejadewoman

Sep 18, 2006
I'm going to Paris in September...and hoping this is when I get my first Birkin;):yahoo:

I know many of you have been there on this pilgrimage before...I'm looking for an apartment to stay for a week....can anyone recommend an apartment you know of??? Needs to be conveniently located...and reasonably priced (my pennies are meant for shopping at H :tup::P)

THANKS gals:heart:

i would have no idea where exactly but friends of mine have visited paris and said that stying in the city is very expensive no matter where it is, so its better to go on the outskirts of paris and catch public transport/taxi to and from. Sending lots of H luck!

There are some great low priced pensions in great locations in Paris. These are perfect for people on a budget, clean, safe and reasonable. My sister stayed at a place called "Lyon D'or" that was near the Louvre. She said it was small but great for her needs. She has actually stayed there twice. Pensions are not quite the same as American hotels but IMHO, the rest of the world gets the budget traveller thing much better than we do. My sister and her friend took the money they saved on lodging and ate at Maxime's (which was down the street). I think the rate includes a continental breakfast. Good luck.

You might want to look through a student guide book (ie Let's Go Europe). It lists some decent low budget places not just hostels, and I find their assessments pretty accurate. Rick Steve's books also give good advice on hotels.

Depending on when, lots of Parisians will rent out the "chambre de mar" (I know I probably butchered the spelling) that comes with their apartment. Its the old maid quarters located on the top floor of a well to do apartment building, and they are QUITE small, but very adequate.

Look in the local papers, or do a bit of internet searching. You will have more privacy, and a large taste of Parisian living.

Oh, and your bum will look fabulous... many Parisian buildings are still walk-ups! :P