Yay or Nay?

thinking of buying this bag...what do you all think? pros/cons?

http://www.bottegaveneta.co.uk/default/shop-products/Womens/designer-handbags/Shoulder-Bags-Hobos/nero-intrecciato-nappa-duo-bag_804748221.html#!{

I say yay. I was eyeing it. Just keep in mind, it's a refined looking bag which takes you back to the days when women were wearing smaller sized bags. It has a very classy vibe and looks like a great every day bag if you don't carry a lot inside it.

thanks for your opinion. do you think the chains at the bottom look odd though, i initially thought that they worked in with the top chains and would not hang down, if you get what i mean, but they are a seperate thing. also the only other thing is the magnetic closures do you think they are secure enough. thanks and sorry for all the ?'s

And I thought the chains were out of proportion with the size of the bag. But that's just me! I don't know how many BV bags you have. I have less than 10 and I have become more selective. A bag has to really wow me in all aspects before I would buy it!

I say "Yes" - this is a gorgeous bag that looks very ethereal and lightweight, and the size is perfect for a very elegant and classy clutch, should you decide to use it that way. At about 12 x 7 x 2, with the way it's designed, I just think it's elegant as all get out. The chains add to the look - this is one of the few 'chained' bags I've liked. I love the 'open' center compartment, so handy!!!

The chain straps are not like any I've ever seen - look how they appear more like jewelry - jewelry for the bag. This is not your 'standard' bag with chain straps - but then when have you known Bottega Veneta to do something 'standard'?

I've added a couple of photos. You can see more here:

Intrecciato Nappa Duo Bag

thinking of buying this bag...what do you all think? pros/cons?

Attachments

• intrecciato_nappa_duo_bag1.jpg
    intrecciato_nappa_duo_bag1.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 826
  • intrecciato_nappa_duo_bag2.jpg
    intrecciato_nappa_duo_bag2.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 830
i didnt notice that aspect - i just saw the bag being used on the shoulder or in the crook of the arm. tell me what other ways?
Ok, from what I can remember...the SA pulled the chains one way and it turned into a clutch, you have that way shown in the picture with the double chain straps, he also pulled the chain in the middle and it turned into another way of wearing it, and he also elongated the strap so the strap was super long (pic is also on the site)...kind of like the Chanel flap where you pull the chain in different ways and you get all these different looks. (I think this bag is much more unique then the flap though and is definitely by no means copying the style of the Chanel flap.) I think this bag had at least 3-4 different ways to wear. I wish I was better at describing what he did, but he was doing it so fast and I was just looking at it in awe! If you have a boutique around maybe you can go and have an SA show you. But I say DOUBLE YAY for that cool bag!

Ok, from what I can remember...the SA pulled the chains one way and it turned into a clutch, you have that way shown in the picture with the double chain straps, he also pulled the chain in the middle and it turned into another way of wearing it, and he also elongated the strap so the strap was super long (pic is also on the site)...kind of like the Chanel flap where you pull the chain in different ways and you get all these different looks. (I think this bag is much more unique then the flap though and is definitely by no means copying the style of the Chanel flap.) I think this bag had at least 3-4 different ways to wear. I wish I was better at describing what he did, but he was doing it so fast and I was just looking at it in awe! If you have a boutique around maybe you can go and have an SA show you. But I say DOUBLE YAY for that cool bag!

Do you all think that the chains hanging at the bottom look weird?