Yay or nay on this man purse *pic*

taygalchi

O.G.
Jul 13, 2006
Los Angeles
I was coming out of the gym and noticed this good-looking guy giving his girlfriend a peck BUT more important than his looks or his kisses - he was wearing a Gucci messenger bag.

I thought it looked great on him but then I stopped myself and wondered if I just thought that because I'm a purse addict. What do you think? I guess I was just surprised that a straight guy could pull off monogram canvas. Would you buy a bag like this for your SO?

Here's the guy and the way he was carrying his bag (sorry for the quality, it was a "covert camera operation"):

Here's a version of the bag he was carrying, except the top was a brown leather flap, not monogram:

Yay or Nay?

Liberté

O.G.
Jan 5, 2007
Across a pond
It looks ok. Casual. There's nothing outstanding, just quite ordinary by the way he looks with it IMO. Shouldn't this be in the gucci forum?

HauteMama

O.G.
Sep 22, 2006
I think it looks great. Most brands have a small version of a messenger style that they classify as a man's bag (I was just looking at one from Burberry). A lot of men carry a camera bag, which is just as small (only not as slim), so I don't find this unusual or odd at all.

ZoeyZoo

Feb 6, 2007
USA
LOL but we are all purse addicts here~!

I think the bag is nice - but I think its too small on him - but that's just me.
That's what i was thinking. It looks too small on a guy. A larger messenger bag would have looked better.

Kuddos to the guy for being brave enough to use a man bag for something other than a laptop. :tup:

taygalchi

O.G.
Jul 13, 2006
Los Angeles
I think it looks great. Most brands have a small version of a messenger style that they classify as a man's bag (I was just looking at one from Burberry). A lot of men carry a camera bag, which is just as small (only not as slim), so I don't find this unusual or odd at all.
Wow, we're the only two "yay" votes so far! Maybe I was having a moment of "any guy who wears a purse I would wear automatically gets an A!"

I really thought it looked good and effortlessly cool. I loved that it wasn't your typically big messenger bag.

I'm sticking to my guns on this one! It looks good!
(But then again, my husband says I always try to dress him a bit too flamboyantly. I like men who aren't afraid to step outside of the neutral zone.)

Jan 28, 2007
Lol, I don't know... there is something hot in general about a guy who will carry that. I love guys with style!

maedchen

O.G.
Nov 24, 2006
I say nay. Somehow guys with bags smaller than a messenger bag just screams tourist to me - even if they're obviously not (like in your case)! :smile:

fabae

O.G.
Jun 10, 2006
Way Down Yonder
It's not big enough for him to be carrying books or a laptop; it looks like it can only handle what most men just put in their pockets, which makes me wonder....I think it's a nay.