yay or nay - lime kelly wallet chevre

kobe939

O.G.
Apr 16, 2008
My SA has a lime kelly wallet in chevre and the color is absolutely stunning. I don't own any Hermes slg now because I don't like to baby my wallet. My current wallet collection is mostly LV or Chanel.

However, I can't get this lime wallet out of my head. Too bad that we can't get lime in a bags anymore, that's what I would love. My SA also has rose lipstick with GHW in kelly wallet, but I prefer lime.

Such a dilemma, because I don't normally buy H slg. Is it hard to get a kelly wallet? I don't want to miss my chance.

Attachments

• IMG_6701.JPG
    IMG_6701.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 612
Last edited:
Brightly colored slg's... ahhhh... lately have seen more Kelly wallets in store or even online, but not this color... usually just oranges, greens or blues

SLG are great for filling that void while waiting for a bag in certain color. You should read up on the Kelly Wallet thread as it may take some practice for daily use. Chevre is more flexible than epsom, so that’s a plus!
I think lime is back so if the hardware isn't right or u just need more time, I think you'll be ok if you pass. I don't own Kelly wallet but the straps seem so fussy and I don't like the idea of the metal turn lock thing denying my bag unintentionally.... these are the reasons I have not gone down the Kelly wallet route...

Reactions: Oryx816 and Fab41
My SA has a lime kelly wallet in chevre and the color is absolutely stunning. I don't own any Hermes slg now because I don't like to baby my wallet. My current wallet collection is mostly LV or Chanel.

However, I can't get this lime wallet out of my head. Too bad that we can't get lime in a bags anymore, that's what I would love. My SA also has rose lipstick with GHW in kelly wallet, but I prefer lime.

Such a dilemma, because I don't normally buy H slg. Is it hard to get a kelly wallet? I don't want to miss my chance.

Lots of Kelly wallets on H.com (US site) as well as lower than retail at Malleries and Ebay. Kelly wallets are very practical but I wouldn't get that color. Too light and prune to dirt. Many more colors available online.

Reactions: tafleischer
As much as I love chevre leather I feel it is extremely high maintenance in small leather goods that will be swimming in your bag with other items as it is susceptible to indentations from whatever else in your bag is pressing against it. If you are set in this color and style I would wait for one in Epsom if you don't want to baby it.

I have noticed in the past year that Kelly wallets are much more plentiful than they have been in the past, so they are not particularly hard to find in the boutiques -- and as chkpfbeliever mentioned, they pop up on H.com too. So I wouldn't recommend jumping on this if it isn't exactly what you want.

I have learned through experience that I don't really like my wallets in chèvre, because the corners soften with use (really the whole wallet) affecting the wallet's overall shape. For me, I like that epsom holds it shape better.

Thanks for everyone's reply. I've never considered indentation, worn or soften corners due to the chevre leather especially with light color slg etc, I think I am going to hold off on buying the kelly wallet. It has always appeared to me as hard to get stuff with the turn lock, however, I always adore the look of it, so elegant.

I just checked the US website, I am surprised with the different bags in different colors that are available, I don't think we are in any shortage of those bags. As well, there are quite a few kelly wallets on there too. I've been out of Hermes for the past two years, just slowly starting to come back.

Thanks again for everyone's reply, I know I can always count on you all.

Allow me to voice a different opinion here - I have owned several Kelly Wallets over the years and the best one I've had is definitely chevre. The Epsom just doesn't seem to wear as well, from my personal experience - it shows dirt quicker and once it starts to look worn, it's never quite the same. I have been using my chèvre daily for a while and with just a bit of care it has remained looking fabulous...plus chèvre is just yummy with a fabulous feel and a bit of shine.

If you do decide to go for it, just be careful not to overstuff it as it can stretch out (in either leather, Epsom stretches just as easily). Also, do not use the coin section for coins - I use a Bastia.

I think this is a yay. I think the wallet is stunning and the color is gorgeous. I saw a soufre bearn in chevre the other day at my store and I almost fell over. If you use a bag insert and be sure to not carry pens or lipsticks open in your purse (I mean not in a zipped up compartment), I don't see why this wouldn't stay clean and looking good for at least a few years. I like the recommendation above to not use the coin slot and use a bastia instead. That is what I do and my bastia is semi-filthy inside. Glad that dirt and grime isn't getting on my C wallet instead. Like others have said, the kelly wallet seems to be readily available online and in stores with various colors to choose from, so even if you don't grab this now, another will probably take your heart soon enough. I would probably snatch this though. The color is so mesmerizing.