Yay or nay for this dress?

maedchen

O.G.
Nov 24, 2006
Hi everyone,

I want to get a nice dress to wear for Christmas, and wanted to know what you think about this one. I really like it, except I want to make sure that it was classic enough that I'll be able to wear it for years to come. What do you think?

Any opinions will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

(Click to enlarge pic)

Feather dress.jpg

if you have a figure like the model, then i say buy it! it's a perfect party dress!

i wouldnt say it was a classic that will last for years though, stick to a block colour with no pattern for a classic imo.

I'm not sure what your body type is, but I know that dress would probably make me look like a linebacker (and I'm fairly small) b/c of the square neckline, puff sleeve, and lighter pattern at the top.

For a timeless dress, I would suggest a solid color dress that's flattering to your shape. U wouldn't want to wear a dress that has ur cousin saying "Oh boy, isn't that the same tight snakeskin dress she wore 3 years ago???"! LOL

Thanks for all the replies!:yes:

I didn't like this dress the first time I looked at it, but then the more I saw it, the more I thought about it. Even though I still think it's gorgeous, I'm going to try to find something more classic and can be worn more than once.

Hmmm. I'm not a big fan of a square neckline combined with puff sleeves. It is not a flattering shape on most people. you can have either one or the other, but not both.