Yay or Nay --Celine Phantom Reveal

Keep Phantom OR Get rid and Continue Search for Boy

• Keep Taupe Phantom

• Get rid of Phantom and Keep searching for Chanel Boy (old medium)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Td15xx

Mar 5, 2014
Hi everyone, soo I ended up seeing this beauty Saturday (see below) in Nordstrom and ended up purchasing the Celine Phantom in Taupe drummed leather absolutely stunning. I initially had been at the mall looking for a Chanel boy in the old medium size black caviar, but unfortunately the SA could not locate any. So walked into Nordstrom and was blown away when I saw this phantom in this color.

I am a big bag type of girl, just LOVE oversized accessories, although I love the clean lines and edginess of the Chanel Boy, as well as the cross body option. I was looking for a black bag but this color looked like a beautiful neutral that would match with many outfits.

*However, I am still holding out hope that the old medium boy will somehow come into my life. In which case, if it does than I think this baby will be brought back.

Don't know what to do, and could use your help on whether to get rid of the Celine and wait in hopes of finding the Chanel boy OR keep the Celine and forget about boy for now??

Your opinions are greatly appreciated, as always. Thanks so much :heart:

*P.S. posting this in the Chanel Forum as well to get Chanelo's opinions as well

Attachments

• image (11).jpeg
    image (11).jpeg
    28.8 KB · Views: 325
  • image (12).jpeg
    image (12).jpeg
    24.5 KB · Views: 338
  • image (13).jpeg
    image (13).jpeg
    36.1 KB · Views: 331
  • image (14).jpeg
    image (14).jpeg
    39.1 KB · Views: 449
Hi everyone, soo I ended up seeing this beauty Saturday (see below) in Nordstrom and ended up purchasing the Celine Phantom in Taupe drummed leather absolutely stunning. I initially had been at the mall looking for a Chanel boy in the old medium size black caviar, but unfortunately the SA could not locate any. So walked into Nordstrom and was blown away when I saw this phantom in this color.

I am a big bag type of girl, just LOVE oversized accessories, although I love the clean lines and edginess of the Chanel Boy, as well as the cross body option. I was looking for a black bag but this color looked like a beautiful neutral that would match with many outfits.

*However, I am still holding out hope that the old medium boy will somehow come into my life. In which case, if it does than I think this baby will be brought back.

Don't know what to do, and could use your help on whether to get rid of the Celine and wait in hopes of finding the Chanel boy OR keep the Celine and forget about boy for now??

Your opinions are greatly appreciated, as always. Thanks so much :heart:

*P.S. posting this in the Chanel Forum as well to get Chanelo's opinions as well
Ah I don't know why the pictures attached sideways sorry*

Thank you in advance for your help and opinions :heart:.

**Originally posted on Celine forum, but wanted to get perspective from Chanel owners/lovers as well.

Attachments

• image (11).jpeg
    image (11).jpeg
    28.8 KB · Views: 341
  • image (12).jpeg
    image (12).jpeg
    24.5 KB · Views: 332
  • image (13).jpeg
    image (13).jpeg
    36.1 KB · Views: 332
  • image (14).jpeg
    image (14).jpeg
    39.1 KB · Views: 337
They are totally different bags. I honestly hope you could keep both. You carry the Celine so well! But seems like the Celine was an impulse buy. These bags serve different functions and have their pros and cons. I have both the boy and the luggage and they both serve me well. Sorry I'm no help. :smile:

as much as i'm not a fan of Chanel, I think the boy bag has more staying power than the Celine phantom. If you must choose one, go with Chanel. But if you can afford to keep them both, even better! :graucho:

I agree with the previous poster who said that they are totally different bags. It does seem like the phantom was an impulse buy, or a "I can't get what I want, so I'll get something else!" buy...ive been there before. 😒

If you're able to keep both, id say go for it, but it seems as though you're not truly in love with the phantom. For the amount of money we spend on these bags, we should be no less than absolutely estatic!

Best of luck! xx

It's a beautiful bag, but not the one you love. If you have to talk yourself into keeping a bag, it's not the one for you. Return the bag and wait for your heart's desire.

I agree with the previous poster who said that they are totally different bags. It does seem like the phantom was an impulse buy, or a "I can't get what I want, so I'll get something else!" buy...ive been there before. 😒

If you're able to keep both, id say go for it, but it seems as though you're not truly in love with the phantom. For the amount of money we spend on these bags, we should be no less than absolutely estatic!

Best of luck! xx
Yep lol...def an impulse buy :/ . The color is stunning but decision was not well thought out.

They are totally different bags. I honestly hope you could keep both. You carry the Celine so well! But seems like the Celine was an impulse buy. These bags serve different functions and have their pros and cons. I have both the boy and the luggage and they both serve me well. Sorry I'm no help. :smile:
Haha no you did help, thank you for your post. Now I realize that it was an impulse buy for sure.