Yay, my first Birkin!

dior24 said:
^^Yes, buying from a reseller can be scary especially from ebay. I buy my denim birkin from a reseller too in Japan. If you want to buy a birkin or kelly from a reseller, it's safer to go to a reseller store. At least you can see for yourself whether they are real and it's in your possession immediately after you purchase them. It's a win-win situation.

BTW, Congratulations, sellmysoul. :yahoo:

Thanks Sellmysoul for your lovely comments, you were one of the nicest and easiest people I have ever worked with :yahoo: ... I am so glad you l:heart: ve your first Birkin purchase, she sure is a beauty .... Have you thought of decorating your new Birkin with any of the leather charms or palladium or gold charms? these can look really pretty and add some colour to a darker Birkin .... enjoy your new baby with health.

Dior24 - yes in an ideal World, we could all buy direct in the boutiques, all of the time ... but please be assured there are lot of great eBay sellers out there who are, in my view, even more reputable than the reseller stores ... I have heard of many a horror story where people have bought from a reseller boutique and ended up with a fake as the boutique are not experienced or knowledgeable enough to know all their products ... at least with experienced and reputable eBay sellers, their reputation is everything and they have a passion for their H pieces that no reseller store would ever have .... lovely your combination Birkin btw, was this from CDL? such glorious colours, congratulations

sellmysoul said:
Hermes Addiction, the seller was Flossy Figaro. I read EVERYTHING written by the very knowledgable ladies on TPF and felt she was reputable. She couldnt have been nicer to deal with.

Sellmysoul - Thank you so much for the info :flowers: I have heard nice things about Flossyfigaro too and it's great to get further confirmation from you :yes:

When deciding to work with a resaler, trust is EVERYTHING. Naturally, my preference would be to purchase from a boutique, but once the addiction kicks in (thank you TPF!) and your options are limited, whats a girl to do?

I totally know what you mean here, LOL! That's why I don't mind buying from a reseller occasionally if I see something that I really like. I am afraid sometimes when I want something, I want it "yesterday", not couple of months later, not next year..... :P The only thing is it's not easy to find a friendly and helpful reseller on Ebay..... Some of the replies I got from them is really short and not exactly the "friendliest" so to say and it's hard to build up a trust this way..... :hrmm: Well, too bad for these resellers then because if they are not willing to be more helpful so I can gain confidence in them even though I am a potential buyer, I will take my money somewhere else then :whistle:

Thanks again and enjoy your beautiful baby :smile:

Congrats on such a fabulous and elegant bag! I`ve always been a fan of the black and that`s the color I want for my first bag too! I hope I can be as lucky as you! :biggrin: