Yay eBay. eBay found in our favour.

OK people! update time. The buyer refuses to remove the negative which says: "item was one sticky mess,bag is not useable,the cost for repair to high".

The bag was listed as needing repair. This was in the title and the description said the lining was sticky and needed relining. It was sold as is, on the basis of needing lining repair. At any one time, there are lots of these bags in gradual stages of lining deterioration. So we were pleased but not shocked when eBay supported our claim.

The cost of repairing is entirely relative to many things in one's life. But if you buy a bag, which sells for over $1200 new, you might expect that a new lining would not be $20.

DH did offer to help the buyer resell it. No deal.

He did offer to refund, but pointed out that the negative makes it much harder to sell other items to be able to refund. No deal.

He asked for the feedback to be withdrawn. Buyer said no, they believe the feedback was accurate, which means that they also don't agree with eBay's decision.

So any advice on the kind of feedback that might be appropriate. We don't want to be negative, because that does not reflect well on anyone. So something creative is called for.

The buyer has left critical feedback for others in the past.

Any suggestions? If anyone fancies blocking the buyer, I can PM the ID.

So any advice on the kind of feedback that might be appropriate. We don't want to be negative, because that does not reflect well on anyone. So something creative is called for.

The buyer has left critical feedback for others in the past.

Any suggestions? If anyone fancies blocking the buyer, I can PM the ID.
Do NOT leave feedback for the buyer. You don't want to build a PITA's feedback numbers. And you can't leave any feedback that is contradictory to the positive rating.

The best thing to do is respond to the feedback she left for you. By doing that, you aren't helping her feedback score yet you're explaining your own.

Wait for other suggestions on how to respond but this would be my suggestion. (You might have to tweak to fit the right number of characters):

"accurately described/pictured as needing repairs, compensatory offers made but buyer declined. Cannot be satisfied."

Do NOT leave feedback for the buyer. You don't want to build a PITA's feedback numbers. And you can't leave any feedback that is contradictory to the positive rating.

The best thing to do is respond to the feedback she left for you. By doing that, you aren't helping her feedback score yet you're explaining your own.

Wait for other suggestions on how to respond but this would be my suggestion. (You might have to tweak to fit the right number of characters):

"accurately described/pictured as needing repairs, compensatory offers made but buyer declined. Cannot be satisfied."

Imo, I would just ignore them completely. No feedback, nothing.
As a buyer, I don't like to see this type of feedback. I look on toolhaus and figure out who are the crazies,lol.

Imo, I would just ignore them completely. No feedback, nothing.
As a buyer, I don't like to see this type of feedback. I look on toolhaus and figure out who are the crazies,lol.
The reason I suggest responding to the neg is that future buyers who see the neg without any response will assume that the neg is valid and deserved. Rebutting it gives the seller credibility and calls the buyer and motives into question.

On the other hand, leaving any type of feedback for a PITA buyer will only help that PITA to continue her difficult ways. The comment left in a positive feedback will only be lost in a sea of other green positives so whatever warning a seller leaves as a + will serve no purpose.

The reason I suggest responding to the neg is that future buyers who see the neg without any response will assume that the neg is valid and deserved. Rebutting it gives the seller credibility and calls the buyer and motives into question.

On the other hand, leaving any type of feedback for a PITA buyer will only help that PITA to continue her difficult ways. The comment left in a positive feedback will only be lost in a sea of other green positives so whatever warning a seller leaves as a + will serve no purpose.

I understand your POV, I don't let one or two negative feedbacks stopping me from sellers. There are so many pia buying out there.
For me, depending on the tone in the reply, it is a complete turn off.

I understand your POV, I don't let one or two negative feedbacks stopping me from sellers. There are so many pia buying out there.
For me, depending on the tone in the reply, it is a complete turn off.

that's interesting, i feel the same way, expect for i liked BBs response. anytime i see things like AVOID, IGNORE, ALL CAPS, and a bunch of other things - total turn off. but when they just calmly and politely explain what happened - what's wrong with it?

if i see a neg with no response i think that it was probably true, otherwise why not respond?
again not arguing, just asking))))

That is good, Been Burned. My all-time favorite, though you probably won't want to leave this in answer to his negative FB, ShinyMagpie, was "Can only suggest a shield of garlic (or maybe "garlic and a cross"?)when dealing with this customer." Or something close to that; it made me laugh. So sorry this happened to you, as I KNOW how quality your items are.They knew full well what they were getting if you said it needed repairs. Half these buyers just know they can file SNAD because of ebay's policy favoring buyers, so they do.

that's interesting, i feel the same way, expect for i liked BBs response. anytime i see things like AVOID, IGNORE, ALL CAPS, and a bunch of other things - total turn off. but when they just calmly and politely explain what happened - what's wrong with it?

if i see a neg with no response i think that it was probably true, otherwise why not respond?
again not arguing, just asking))))
I think a lot of people don't even realize they can add a response/comment to a negative they've received.

How about?
"we are 100% committed to excellent customer service. We worked hard to reach a mutually satisfying outcome in this case.
Unfortunately, this time, we could not achieve this goal "

I liked BB answer except for the cannot be satisfied.

How about?
"we are 100% committed to excellent customer service. We worked hard to reach a mutually satisfying outcome in this case.
Unfortunately, this time, we could not achieve this goal "

I liked BB answer except for the cannot be satisfied.
I agree that that line is not too professional. I also admit to having left a response to an undeserved neg with a "BLOCK" comment. (There was more to my response but the buyer had a huge history of negging sellers and I was emotional.)

OP, I buy a lot on ebay, if I came across this as a buyer, with a response of what BB suggested I would see the picture as all too clear. This buyer wanted a somethin' for nothin'.

good luck!

Sorry you have to deal with this Shinymagpie. Its like you can't win. A buyer who loses a SNAD can still get the last shot in with a neg. It is a good idea to reply to the feedback left for you but you don't want to set up a chain of further replies from a vindictive buyer. That doesn't look good. I would say something like "I'm disappointed we were unable to arrive at an solution acceptable to you". It's mild enough that it won't likely trigger another shot from your buyer but does indicate that you tried to work things out.