Yay eBay. eBay found in our favour.

shinymagpie

vintage bag lady
Mar 29, 2008
My DH listed an item on eBay.

The buyer did not like it and sent a vitriolic message about the item being not as described. All the issues the buyer raised were already fully documented and described in the listing. The buyer opened a case.

My DH was very polite, consistent with his comments and asked for eBay to decide as soon as the case was opened.

eBay decided in my DH's favor. So if you are in this situation, don't assume that eBay will automatically find in the buyer's favor. If everything is clearly shown in the listing both in writing and photographs, the onus is on the buyer to read carefully and think over things before bidding. Act quickly and keep a level head. I might add, this does go both ways. Sellers do need to disclose everything carefully when listing too.

Yay eBay!:ty:

That is all well and good. However afaik Ebay still counts any dispute opened against a seller against them, even when they win.

I am very glad that they decided in your favor :tup:

poopsie2 said:
That is all well and good. However afaik Ebay still counts any dispute opened against a seller against them, even when they win.

I am very glad that they decided in your favor :tup:

Thanks. The good news is the email he got says "This won't be counted when we evaluate seller performance". Yay again.

Actually if they find in the seller's favor it does not count against the seller. Check the comments in the closed dispute box. I have had 2 on one ID and 1 on another.

Can it be removed?

We have just written to eBay. The buyer is referring to something that was central to the decision of the case. So it may be grounds for removal. I am not sure.

When this happened to me once years ago, with the help of a customer service member, I wrote a carefully worded reply. But because I used the word "case" the buyer asked for my reply to be pulled. So I ended up with a negative and also "comment removed by eBay" next to my reply which looks like I said something pretty vile, but in fact it was very non descript. So we don't want a repeat of that again! Treading very carefully.

Check on your seller dashboard. At the bottom, is the Seller Protection Action. That is where they tell you if they remove a case. If your case is removed, it is not found against you. The opened cases get listed in the area above this section. The ones in which there was no seller resolution are the ones that really count against you.

Here is the eBay resource page for Seller Dashboard: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/seller-dashboard.html#opened_cases