Y'all, I need some help with leather knowledge!! Please.

here is some info from Ignacio about the leathers

The champagne is not very metallic, it has a very light sheen

-The soft maize is a very soft yellow, the picture attached is a larger version of the one on the website. I’m attaching a picture of a Millie Max we did last year in yellow sheepskin, the current yellow, is a lot less intense, it’s sort of a pastel color.

-The cappuccino does have a grey undertone (I couldn’t see it, but my sister/co-founder says so!)

Attachments

• Millie Max Soft Maize.jpg
    Millie Max Soft Maize.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Millie Max front2.jpg
    Millie Max front2.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 24
thanks, Mentha! that one on the right looks like paintednightsky's Millie Max from last summer or so. It was definitely a bright, summery yellow. The maize seems very soft, almost like it's beige-y yellow.

Ok, late to the party. Of the leathers and bags you posted, here is what I would do:

-turq petra (too cute!)

-burnt orange mini chiara (imo it is not slouchy enough for emilia or josephine). Maybe have the ties in an accent color?

-teal emilia

-ink blue mini gabby.

THANKS!!

Interesting, I've about settled on teh burnt orange mini chiara!! I still haven't finalized but Ignacio knows the gist of what I am doing.

Last edited:
Lionlaw, I already have an Emilia coming that is pretty matte, and I think I would want someting shinier (like everyone else's!) for a second Emilia. I was wondering why you thought teal for that? If you had any reasons, although just design sense is enough of course!!!

Lionlaw, I already have an Emilia coming that is pretty matte, and I think I would want someting shinier (like everyone else's!) for a second Emilia. I was wondering why you thought teal for that? If you had any reasons, although just design sense is enough of course!!!

Couple of reasons-- the teal is probably lighter irl since Ignacio's pics suck and so could probably be a classic color that in a big bag wouldn't be too bold. It is a tinted leather so you know it is puddly and will drape beautifully. The ink blue is going to be a bright bold bag if it is more metallic than my emilia (I mean literally people see pewter/silver). Given the size of the emilia, I would rather have something more subtle than something that looks like a big mylar balloon on your shoulder. :P (now that is assuming the ink blue is really metallic-- if not then it would be a pretty emilia).

On a smaller bag, I can see the ink blue. But on a big bag, I would be afraid it would be too overpowering.

What about mixing the ink blue with a different color -- maybe in panels on the bag so that it is not too much. Like maybe an emilia with the tinted blue but middle panels of the ink blue for contrast and then the braiding in the two colors.

I know, right! Mylar!! lol!!

Okay, please everyone help me today. Help!!

Please match the following leathers to the style....

burnt orange
teal
ink blue
maize yellow
new turquoise

styles:

mini Gabby
mini Chiara
Petra?? without the handles?
Josephine
Josephine Max
Emilia mini
Emilia regular

Please help me! The reveals, plus discussingother's bags, I'm running behind and I have friends who are counting on meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Are you still deciding? I would definitely do the burnt orange in either a mini Gabrielle (my preference) or a mini Chiara. Probably do a mini Emilia in turquoise (this probably would have been my bag if I'd done the sale). Maybe a Josephine Max in turquoise as a second choice, and maize as a second color choice.

I've never seen the ink blue IRL, but if it's like the diamond then it's going to be really metallic-y.

What about the champagne if you are looking for something less matte?

I do realize that you've probably already made some decisions, but I am just feeling human again & feeling inclined to think!

Hi, kuwa, thanks so much! I still have some loose ends. You know, I keep wanting more than one mini Gaby! Not possible, but I am really thrilled to have this option. I do want the mini Chiara in burnt orange, so sounds like there is a lot of consensus on that one.

Glad you are getting better!!

So that waitlist on that other site (can't recall) really is for TEAL? I so wanna see that leather. WOW! A teal Emilia could so easily displace the pewter if it feels similarly. Then I can run around the subforum annoying everyone with my teal pouch.

Regarding descriptions of color and such, there is actually research that states men (most) see fewer colors that women. We see multiple shadings they don't: can't recall if there is a physiological cause or what. But ya, if men are naming colors for women, could be a problem. I SO want that job of naming colors, and dh is a photographer, so ummm....volunteering to help here! Wouldn't it be fun? Sigh.

A quick google got these links on men/women and color:

http://www.colormatters.com/khouw.html

http://www.informedesign.umn.edu/Rs_detail.aspx?rsId=3115