Y'all, I need some help with leather knowledge!! Please.

Euridice

Sichuan
O.G.
Aug 22, 2008
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had the following leather samples (or bags!) in real life. Please point me to appropriate threads, in applicable.

Burnt orange - there are pics on the site in handbags. Do any of us have swatches? The swatch pic looks kind of...speckled?

Soft maize - it's one of my beloved tinted leathers, and there is a Millie Max pictured on the Ignes site. but do any of us have swatches?? I wonder how yellow it is.

Teal - I concluded that I could use a darker teal color. but this looks grayish to me. I think newbaglover had a swatch?? Any additional comments? Anyone else??

Glossy ink blue - again, there is a bag on the site. But, well, not sure how great a help that really is.

Does anyone have this swatch? Based on Lionlaw's black diamond/pearlized blue-gray experience, I wonder if it will really be an ink blue? I realize I've been careful not to have more than one navy bag, so a metallic dark blue could be a good addition.

Finally, I think we have learned turquoise is not available yet? Or, any news to the contrary?

I want to get y'all's feedback to help in formulating my questions for Ignacio.

Oh yeah, and is dark purple #187 the purple Puddles??

THANKS!!

tlloveshim

Emmy!
O.G.
Mar 19, 2006
Soft maize - it's one of my beloved tinted leathers, and there is a Millie Max pictured on the Ignes site. but do any of us have swatches?? I wonder how yellow it is.

I am very curious about this one too! From the website pic of the millie max it looks like such a beautiful shade of yellow!

Glossy ink blue - again, there is a bag on the site. But, well, not sure how great a help that really is.

I have a sample of this and it is gorgeous! I'm not even sure how to explain it. If you'd like me to send you 1/2 of the sample I have PM me with your addy! It's a generous sample so you could see it for yourself! It's better than I expected it to be IMHO!

Jul 14, 2008
Euridice, I have burned orange swatch, but after the LL black diamond misundertanding, well I dont know very well to make pictures and capture the real colour, so I have not made the pic, sorry. I is a beautiful dark orange, and yes, it is like speckled, like the sahara gold pic LL posted for me. It is not a brigth orange.

The new turquoise will be ready in about 10 days time ( ignacio posted it to me today).

About the royal purple, it is from the same tannery of champagne and chocolate vintage, they are good durable leathers, with a little metallic to them, I dont think they will scratch easily.

I dont have the Teal swatch, I have never seen it IRL.

Euridice

Sichuan
O.G.
Aug 22, 2008
I am very curious about this one too! From the website pic of the millie max it looks like such a beautiful shade of yellow!
ignesbags.com/images/bag_files/bag_1/igp_1.jpg

I have a sample of this and it is gorgeous! I'm not even sure how to explain it. If you'd like me to send you 1/2 of the sample I have PM me with your addy! It's a generous sample so you could see it for yourself! It's better than I expected it to be IMHO!

yes, I saw that pic of the yellow!! I think I need a soft yellow. I have a mustard pebbled from BE that sometimes looks mustardy and sometimes looks like BRIGHT yellow. Something a bit more neutral and pale would be great!

I'd love to have the other half of your ink blue sample! I'll PM you. I would also be happy to return it to you when done.

Euridice

Sichuan
O.G.
Aug 22, 2008
Euridice, I have burned orange swatch, but after the LL black diamond misundertanding, well I dont know very well to make pictures and capture the real colour, so I have not made the pic, sorry. I is a beautiful dark orange, and yes, it is like speckled, like the sahara gold pic LL posted for me. It is not a brigth orange.

The new turquoise will be ready in about 10 days time ( ignacio posted it to me today).

About the royal purple, it is from the same tannery of champagne and chocolate vintage, they are good durable leathers, with a little metallic to them, I dont think they will scratch easily.

I dont have the Teal swatch, I have never seen it IRL.

Thanks, newbaglover! I don't know why I thought you had teal. Hmm. Sorry about that!

Yay, glad to hear about the turquoise.

I would be very grateful if you had the time to snap some pics of the burnt orange. I am very curious about the speckles!! I need an orange bag, and the orange I wanted is out of stock. I had decided on a mini Chiara in the bright nice orange, with turquoise thread. I have a new wallet that's turquoise with orange thread, and htat was my inspiration. Although Ignacio said he could do the burnt orange with turquoise, I just wasn't feeling burnt orange. But! I'm re-thinking the burnt orange....not with the turquoise though.

You black diamond pics showed the swatch....no one could have known how the bag would turn out! And your blue #705 was very helpful and very spot on....note Ms. Lizardo's pic side by side with the BE cobalt. gorgey!

tlloveshim

Emmy!
O.G.
Mar 19, 2006
Look! Here's glossy ink blue too! I think it represents it pretty well! The swatch will help you too!

igp_2.jpg

irainei

<3 B
O.G.
Aug 5, 2008
I have the teal swatch. I haven't looked at it in awhile, but it is a very muted dark teal, slightly pebbly. It's hard to describe. PM me with your addy and I can send it off to you :smile:

Glossy Ink blue is a gorgeous color and the reason why I chose it for my first purse. It has a hint of metallic in it, but I wouldn't call it completely metallic and it has the shine of black nappa. Ignacio told me the black nappa and the glossy ink blue are similar in weight, but glossy ink blue feels and looks like a thicker leather.

irainei

<3 B
O.G.
Aug 5, 2008
^^ Tinted blue is DEFINITELY thinner. As far as softness goes, I'd think tinted blue is softer, but that's because it's thinner. Glossy Ink blue has a softness to it, but it is a good deal thicker. I can send you my tinted blue sample if you'd like. Just PM me your addy too :biggrin:

Jul 14, 2008
I will try to make the pic of burned orange tomorrow, today I dont have dayligth, and I dont rely into flash to try to get an accurate colour.

tloveshim, the tinted blue is thin, I think the tinted leathers are the thinner ones. And they are really soft and puddling just form the start. But I have not seen the ink blue IRL, so I cant compare.