Y'all Cursed Me!

Keep in mind this was a black woman in her early 40s who is probably accustomed to picking up bus trips from her nearby high school parking lot to New York to go "shopping"...which is usually in all of the bootleg areas of NYC, such as Chinatown. AND the nearest Saks and Louis Vuitton boutique are 45 minutes away from Baltimore. So she's probably wouldn't know a real LV if it hit her in the forehead.

And Addy, I would have hit her with the price tag had my mother not been sitting there. I don't think she owns a pocketbook over $30.

So instead, I replied, "I bought it at Louis Vuitton."

Keep in mind this was a black woman in her early 40s who is probably accustomed to picking up bus trips from her nearby high school parking lot to New York to go "shopping"...which is usually in all of the bootleg areas of NYC, such as Chinatown. AND the nearest Saks and Louis Vuitton boutique are 45 minutes away from Baltimore. So she's probably wouldn't know a real LV if it hit her in the forehead.

Oh wow. I don't even know what to say to that comment. How do you know that? What an assumption to make:rolleyes: Wasn't she getting her hair done at the same place you were? :shrugs:I'm sorry guys but that's just not right. Maybe LV is not soooo important to her and it seems to be to us. Now I see why people look down on other people for having LV and think we have an elitist attitude.

And Addy, I would have hit her with the price tag had my mother not been sitting there. I don't think she owns a pocketbook over $30.

Why did you think it was important to mention the woman's race? This comment was racist and nothing short of ignorant. :confused1: You should also try to refrain from making assumptions.

Oh wow. I don't even know what to say to that comment. How do you know that? What an assumption to make:rolleyes: Wasn't she getting her hair done at the same place you were? :shrugs:I'm sorry guys but that's just not right. Maybe LV is not soooo important to her and it seems to be to us. Now I see why people look down on other people for having LV and think we have an elitist attitude.

Why did you think it was important to mention the woman's race? This comment was racist and nothing short of ignorant. :confused1: You should also try to refrain from making assumptions.

I agreed... It was funny until this was mention

Its so tacky and classless for that woman to have asked you that question.

I have never been asked if any of my bags are real. However, if I was, and I did not know the person, I would just laugh and walk away because a question like that from a stranger, does not even deserve a response.

Just laugh it off :yes:

How relevant is it that she is a "black" woman? In any event, I hate it when people accuse me of carrying fakes.

Being a particular race should not come into the equation- I hate the assumption that if you're not white you are poor, ignorant and uncultured etc. I understand why you were so annoyed at her though. She was an ignorant woman, but her colour really shouldn't come into it.

I agree with pp^^. I'm Filipino and I've had my share of racist remarks thrown my way. I was offended when I read that post. Anyhow, the woman who made that comment just probably didn't know what an authentic LV looked like. I certainly didn't a couple of years ago hehehe.