XXL as an everyday bag?

I tried the xxl in person at the sf Chanel location. I love big bags but it was definitely too big for me(5’5”for reference ). The SA helping me even told me it looked off on me and warned me it would get pretty heavy. I would definitely go to the store to try it on. Good luck making your decision!

This video was helpful for someone like me who has never even heard of the XXL until this thread. (I also subscribed to her IG and wow she has nice clothes and bags!)

Anyway, I don’t hate the bag but don’t know if I would buy it for myself straight away. I would need to buy so many other chanel bags to tick off my wish list first, KWIM?

If you like it then go for it, lol. Life’s too short to worry what people think.

I think body type plays a part as well. I'm only 5'7" and by no means a skinny girl and it doesn't look that ridiculous on me at all. I use it as a work bag (to lug my laptop around) and on the weekends when we go out with all 5 of our kids. It can get heavy, so don't overload it. But it's a beautiful bag and I always get questions and compliments. I can PM you some photos if you'd like to see how it looks on a non-stick figure.
Yes please! That would be wonderful. I'm short but definitely not a thin girl and planned to use it to carry my laptop around with me. Thank you!

This video was helpful for someone like me who has never even heard of the XXL until this thread. (I also subscribed to her IG and wow she has nice clothes and bags!)

Anyway, I don’t hate the bag but don’t know if I would buy it for myself straight away. I would need to buy so many other chanel bags to tick off my wish list first, KWIM?

If you like it then go for it, lol. Life’s too short to worry what people think.
Thank you for posting this! This video totally sold me on it! There aren't many Chanel bags that I want so you're right, I should go for it! Now to find one! LOL

Reactions: Markxmikesmom
I’m very curious as to how this would look crossbody as the saggy feature neans its probably super comfy whilst body hugging...
Oh and the price in uk too

Go find one to try on first. I think it’s intended to be a carry on rather than an everyday bag. I was considering it for travel but found it slightly heavy even when empty. Looked hilarious on me :lol::lol::lol: (I’m 5”2 btw). Having said that, if you really like it, then why not. Buy whatever you like, not what others like. :smile:
View attachment 3955563

I do not think your height or lack of it effects this look. It truly is a carry on piece of luggage. Of course anyone can do what they want with it, we all have opinions. The bag is great but I do not know what to do with it!

Reactions: Panzanella
See, I'd be obnoxious with it and only carry two or three items in it.

You know, just to be pretentious. :biggrin:

(but in all seriousness, I want one badly.)

Okay, this made me actually LOL because I've said the exact same thing before. I'm not much of a Chanel girl tbh (doesn't really suit me) but when I saw a photo of Jordana Brewster carrying it, I knew if there was ever a Chanel bag I wanted, it was this ginormous monstrosity of a flap bag.
Jordana-Brewster-Chanel-Maxi-Bag.jpg
I just love the squishiness of the leather. Like others, I laughed at the size, but there's just something about it...

I missed out on the black with ruthenium so ended up ordering one with gold hardware but, in the end, I couldn't handle the gold. I figure for these prices I should wait to get exactly what I want.

I’m very curious as to how this would look crossbody as the saggy feature neans its probably super comfy whilst body hugging...
Oh and the price in uk too

Here's a video that shows it crossbody on quite a petite girl. Note that it's the lighter canvas version of the XXL so it probably lays a little different than the leather. (It's the first bag she reviews starting at 1:00)

I love this thread! The people who run this site could attest to the fact that when I periodically pop in this forum I always do a search for "XXL" to see if anyone's talking about it. :biggrin:

I have this bag. It’s meant to be carried as your personal item for flights. There is a zipper on the bottom of the back pocket for you to slip a suit case handle through. The inside is divided into a couple of compartments that looks appropriate for a laptop and some other items.

I suppose you can use it as a purse but make sure to lift with your knees and not your back....
Oh my gosh I just saw this and thought it funny we are talking about a handbag and lifting with knees not back :lol: sage advice but just really funny in this context!

Okay, this made me actually LOL because I've said the exact same thing before. I'm not much of a Chanel girl tbh (doesn't really suit me) but when I saw a photo of Jordana Brewster carrying it, I knew if there was ever a Chanel bag I wanted, it was this ginormous monstrosity of a flap bag.
View attachment 3955912
I just love the squishiness of the leather. Like others, I laughed at the size, but there's just something about it...

I missed out on the black with ruthenium so ended up ordering one with gold hardware but, in the end, I couldn't handle the gold. I figure for these prices I should wait to get exactly what I want.

Here's a video that shows it crossbody on quite a petite girl. Note that it's the lighter canvas version of the XXL so it probably lays a little different than the leather. (It's the first bag she reviews starting at 1:00)

I love this thread! The people who run this site could attest to the fact that when I periodically pop in this forum I always do a search for "XXL" to see if anyone's talking about it. :biggrin:

Tell me about it! I'm only 5 feet even, and the absurdity of me carrying a bag that I could take a nap in just hits me funny! I'm also on the lookout for a 40 or 50 Hermes Kelly for this purpose, too- although I suspect it would be a heavier bag.

Thank you for posting this! This video totally sold me on it! There aren't many Chanel bags that I want so you're right, I should go for it! Now to find one! LOL

Hello [emoji1309] I’m wondering if you ever got this bag!? I’m currently obsessing AND on the hunt for it! And I’m a shorty but I don’t care! I’ll rock it because I love it [emoji173]️[emoji7][emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️

Reactions: Sparklett22