X's on the serial patch?...

xoxomandylyn

♥
May 24, 2008
What do they mean? I thought all outlets marked with the double circle bullseye?

I'm desperately trying to find my white pleated hobo in BLACK for my mother for Christmas. The last time I visited her I wore my white pleated hobo and she was just amazed by how soft it was. I had planned to give her a coach bag before that visit, but that visit I thought "Hey why not try to get her a matching bag, but in black?" (She always wears black purses as far as I can remember my ENTIRE life.)

Well... every one of these bags that I see online lately that look new have these X's scratched into the serial number patches. I don't want to get my mother something with a nasty X on the inside patch for Pete's sake! I am about ready to give up my search and just keep an eye out on my outlet trips for a black bag that she would like.

But I am still curious... what the heck is the deal with the X's?? :confused1:

do you have a picture of these "x"'s and bulls eyes i have never seen them and dont know what they would look like? does that mean that they have no warranty?

I actually asked this same question (warranty voiding) in another thread, though there were no pics posted. What I was told was that it does NOT void the warranty, and it is just to prevent you from purchasing the bag at a discount store and returning it to a full price boutique. HTH.

Thanks, it just freaks me out because when I see an X on something I think "dud" that was rejected by the brand's store and sent somewhere else. I don't know if that's what X's ever actually mean, just my reaction haha. I wouldn't care but I don't think I'd feel comfortable giving it as a gift. It's too bad these bags are never at outlets anymore she really loved how soft mine was. I'm having a hard time finding other black leather Coach bags as soft. Maybe a Carly? They are more structured, but the leather itself is still pretty soft. Just not very smooshy.