X's on the serial patch?...

xoxomandylyn

♥
May 24, 2008
Pennsylvania
What do they mean? I thought all outlets marked with the double circle bullseye?

I'm desperately trying to find my white pleated hobo in BLACK for my mother for Christmas. The last time I visited her I wore my white pleated hobo and she was just amazed by how soft it was. I had planned to give her a coach bag before that visit, but that visit I thought "Hey why not try to get her a matching bag, but in black?" (She always wears black purses as far as I can remember my ENTIRE life.)

Well... every one of these bags that I see online lately that look new have these X's scratched into the serial number patches. I don't want to get my mother something with a nasty X on the inside patch for Pete's sake! I am about ready to give up my search and just keep an eye out on my outlet trips for a black bag that she would like.

But I am still curious... what the heck is the deal with the X's?? :confused1:

selketkrb

Videre est credere
O.G.
Jul 23, 2008
I know for sure that TJMaxx does the X on the creed. I believe there are other discount stores that do it as well, I am not sure which.

Apr 28, 2008
Isn't it so you can't return the items to the boutique and/or outlets?

wigglytuff

Love & Hermes
O.G.
Aug 10, 2008
New York
do you have a picture of these "x"'s and bulls eyes i have never seen them and dont know what they would look like? does that mean that they have no warranty?

selketkrb

Videre est credere
O.G.
Jul 23, 2008
I actually asked this same question (warranty voiding) in another thread, though there were no pics posted. What I was told was that it does NOT void the warranty, and it is just to prevent you from purchasing the bag at a discount store and returning it to a full price boutique. HTH.

xoxomandylyn

♥
May 24, 2008
Pennsylvania
Thanks, it just freaks me out because when I see an X on something I think "dud" that was rejected by the brand's store and sent somewhere else. I don't know if that's what X's ever actually mean, just my reaction haha. I wouldn't care but I don't think I'd feel comfortable giving it as a gift. It's too bad these bags are never at outlets anymore she really loved how soft mine was. I'm having a hard time finding other black leather Coach bags as soft. Maybe a Carly? They are more structured, but the leather itself is still pretty soft. Just not very smooshy.

fieldsinspring

Smiling :)
O.G.
Aug 2, 2006
The X is just from a dept store like TJMaxx and you still get the warranty.. the only time you won't get the warranty is if it is stamped FS (Final Sale) or ES (Employee Sale) HTH! :tup:

selketkrb

Videre est credere
O.G.
Jul 23, 2008
Yeah I wasn't too fond of seeing X's on creeds either. Even worse, apparently Nordstrom Rack punctures a hole in their bags with creeds. GASP!