XM Satellite Radio

Oct 30, 2006
I just activated my new radio and I got the first years service at less than half price by giving the code: ZWIMBACK. It was normally around $143 but I got it for $77 and they also waived the $12.95 activation fee.

funandsun

O.G.
Jan 15, 2008
SoCal
I just activated my new radio and I got the first years service at less than half price by giving the code: ZWIMBACK. It was normally around $143 but I got it for $77 and they also waived the $12.95 activation fee.
I've had XM for a few years now..next year when it's renewal time, call them and tell them you want to cancel. They'll offer you the lower rate every time just to keep your business. I do it every year!

Jul 12, 2007
Be very careful with XM.

If you ever cancel, they keep billing, and if you instruct your credit card to decline their charges when they do it, they will put you in "collection", which is really a fake XM owned collection agency.

Majuriel

O.G.
Jul 14, 2006
Be very careful with XM.

If you ever cancel, they keep billing, and if you instruct your credit card to decline their charges when they do it, they will put you in "collection", which is really a fake XM owned collection agency.
That is sooooo true! They continued to bill me, then sent my account to a collection agency who hassled me like crazy and I no longer even owned the car anymore. They told me that once you agree to pay for even 1 month you are bound by contract with them, I explained no one ever sent me a contract, when my free trial on the car expired I gave my credit card which they billed. They said by giving the credit card I made a binding agreement even though they never sent me a contract. I told them I had paid for a 2 year subscription and that was all I agreed to. I ended up contacting GM and filed a complaint against them. GM contacted them and they even hassled GM by hanging up on them, being rude, switching them from person to person and eventually telling them its not our problem.

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
San Diego
Wow. That's disturbing about the collection agency. I'm glad I paid by check. When it's time to renew, I'll try to get the lower rate and pay by check. Want to bet they will say the lower rate is only available if you use your credit card?

lindacris

O.G.
Jan 31, 2007
the beach or the lake
I agree. When we canceled after 1 year we received a bill for the next year. Fortunately Am Exp took care of it but I will never give them a credit card for payment again. I have had that problem with magazine companies also.

cola262

addicted
O.G.
Oct 24, 2006
^Yes, I had that problem with US News and World report years ago, which is why I would never subscribe to that again.

One way to deal with this is to use a one-time-use credit card number generated by the credit card company. I know for discover, you can log in to the website, click on generate virtual card, and viola, a 1-time use credit card number is issued. I always use this when I deal with stores I'm unfamiliar with.

finzup

Easily tempted
O.G.
Feb 27, 2007
New Hampshire
Just called and they would not honor that code for new subscribers.. only existing .. which of course makes no sense but anyway... it didn't work

cola262

addicted
O.G.
Oct 24, 2006
Just called and they would not honor that code for new subscribers.. only existing .. which of course makes no sense but anyway... it didn't work
Go sign up for one of those free month trial things. Do a google search. Try XMSCION03.

When the month is near over, call to cancel and ask for OP's deal. :wlae:

funandsun

O.G.
Jan 15, 2008
SoCal
Wow. That's disturbing about the collection agency. I'm glad I paid by check. When it's time to renew, I'll try to get the lower rate and pay by check. Want to bet they will say the lower rate is only available if you use your credit card?
No, you'll still get the lower rate and they'll send you a bill in the mail. I never pay for any subscription services via credit card.

May 22, 2007
SoCal
XM is the worst like was posted for continuous billing. Our yr contrct expired last Jan. and they kept it running for like 6 weeks and then tried to collect on the amount owed for those 6 weeks. Then when we tried to start it up again they wanted us to pay another activation fee along with the $$ for those 6 weeks that they gave us service for beyond our contract. We declined. I so miss having it but I refuse to pay them for reactivation.