XL GST or Coco Pleats Tote ???

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have been on the hunt for a larger GHW purse/bag that can fit folder/files when I need to bring home work and don't want to carry a work bag/brief case. I bought the Coco Pleats tote and the XL GST bags both with GHW.

Which should I keep? I want something chic, timeless but with a (little) bit of edge. I've been eyeing the GST for a while but was holding out for something a little less classic. I found the Coco Pleats with GHW but now I can't decide. I like the shiny GHW on the GST and the Pleats may be too edgy/not timeless??? I like a little flash but classy too (I'm older).

I'm definitely a Chanel girl -- to give you sense of my style, I have a couple of the 2.55 reissue (black and red), Grand shopping Paris Biarritz, messenger bag, bowler bag, a few WOC, travel trolley bag and mini flap bag. LOVE Chanel costume jewelry too, esp the large cuffs and necklaces.

Help!?!! Can't keep both -- they're too similar. I appreciate the input and advice!

Attached Files:

2. I really love the coco pleats tote! Ultimately it could come down to a question of comfort. I hear that the GST can be uncomfortable and heavy.

The GST is classier and is definitely more timeless, but if it were up to me, I love the unstructured look of the coco pleats.

If you don't mind my asking, how much was the coco pleats?

If you could justify it, you could keep both - they could be used in different situations.

Good luck with whatever you decide! Not a bad dilemma to have. :smile:

3. Thanks for the input GlamDoc. I went back to Chanel the other day and I'm now leaning towards the GST -- but not the XL size. I think the XL is a bit too big so I'm going for the regular size GST. Still fits work files though not as much.

The Coco Pleats is $4,200 -- I have the wraparound coco pleats bag and that was pretty pricey too. Not sure why but the Pleats line ran pretty expensive (more than normal Chanel anyway). The GST is $2,900. So another reason I'm leaning towards the GST is the price difference... and the fact that I bought yet another bag when I went to try the regular GST. I bought this season's metallic Boy Flap -- cost just at much as the pleats but I think it's a bit more timeless and versatile (gold and silver hardware). Love!

http://www.chanel.com/en_GB/fashion/products/handbags/g/s.metallic-calfskin-boy-chanel-flap.14S.A92193Y08765C7186.sto.boy.html