Tech xbox one vs ps4

This is the only thing keeping me with the Xbox at the moment. Their exclusives are the games I love to play and I'll never forgive myself if I don't finish the Halo series.
Out of all the Sony exclusives the only one that interests me is the Order. I played the previous Killzone and inFamous games and neither interested me in the slightest.
Despite this my head is still telling me to get a Playstation 4.

My hubby always seemed to be partial towards the Xbox (although he's also owned PS consoles and currently has PS3), so he has the XBox One pre-ordered. His plan was to get the PS4 in the new year (his reason was: "too much $ on consoles at once!") but I'm surprising him with one for Christmas!

I picked up a PS4 at launch, I've been really happy with it so far, it's an enormous improvement over the PS3.

I have the Xbox One pre-ordered also, but I'm mostly curious to see how well Kinect works in controlling your TV, so I'm going to try it out. If it doesn't work out I can flip it and basically pay for my PS4.

I just have too much crap in my room now lol

I want the PS4, but I won't be buying the system until early 2015, I'm not in a mad rush to get one right now, it's just not worth it. I rather wait until Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V, and Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out for it. The reason why I'm waiting so long to purchase the PS4 is because I made a huge mistake in purchasing both the PS Vita and PS Move on launch, both devices came out with some pretty crappy games on release day. And look, a few years had passed since their release, and yet there are still NO games for them. Just crappy ports or old PS3 games receiving the Move patch. The Vita and Move probably only had way less than 20 games in its library. And that's a huge disappointment, in my opinion. I really regretted throwing all that money away.

The Vita had so much potential to be a great system (beautiful design, amazing graphics, and lots of cool features), but to see that Sony had stopped supporting it makes me angry. The last game to come out for it was "Tearaway", that was it. Every other game that comes out for the Vita is probably some stupid port of a PS3 game. What a waste.

I'm not going to make the same mistake with PS4. I will wait 2 years and see if Sony comes out with a decent library of games for the system first, then I might consider ordering one. For now, I'm sticking with my PS3.

Last edited:
PS4 but not until they work the bugs out, lol. I always wait until a system is on the market a good 6 months before picking it up. I have a PS3, PS2 and PS1 and all are great systems. Can't see the PS4 being any less so.

The Vita had so much potential to be a great system (beautiful design, amazing graphics, and lots of cool features), but to see that Sony had stopped supporting it makes me angry. The last game to come out for it was "Tearaway", that was it. Every other game that comes out for the Vita is probably some stupid port of a PS3 game. What a waste.

Try Atelier Totori for Vita

Loving my Xbox One, been playing the heck out of Forza 5.

It's so convenient. When you turn on your Xbox, it automatically turns on your TV as well so you don't have to bother with multiple remotes. If you want to watch TV, it's already plugged in so you don't have to switch outputs with a different controller. It automatically logs you in just by being in front of Kinect, and when you turn your system off it turns your TV off also.

My only gripe is that the controller isn't as smooth and well-fitted as the PS4 controller. After playing Forza 5 for a long session my hands feel tired and I have to take a break. But so far, so good. The only thing I don't like is the Xbox Live paywall that's on everything, including Netflix which doesn't even run on Microsoft servers. I think that's going to turn off a lot of casual gamers.

But I personally play a lot of Battlefield 4, so I'm paying for Xbox Live anyways, so I personally don't mind.

Next-gen baby!

It really is a tough choice to make but I would go for PS4 because I have been playing PS since I was a child :smile:

Agreed. My brothers had the XBOX but I barely touched it (all they played on it was Halo... yawn). I played a ton of games on the PS1 and PS2 back when I was a child, too many games to list. And even today I still play on my PS3, too. I freaking love it. Long live PlayStation.

I have both, and while I was totally an Xbox girl last gen I've been very unhappy with my xbox one in the beginning. My fiancé convinced me to go all DD and our download speeds on the xbox were ridiculously slow, while the ps4 was taking full advantage of our Internet speeds. I haven't touched it since I tried downloading a couple games. I'm sure ill get over it when I get my collectors edition Titanfall.

I really love N4S ... I haven't played more than than a few minutes of BF and killzone though because nostalgia wins me over everytime. Still playing the Kingdom Hearts remix and Pokemans.