X Stamp?

etagaya

O.G.
Sep 23, 2006
Hello ladies,

This is my first post in the Coach section! I've been a bit Balenciaga-obsessed lately, but I will always love Coach bags! :P

A friend was recently given a Coach purse, but she didn't like the colour so she took it to a Coach boutique for a refund. They told her it was from the Coach section of a department store (due to the "X" stamp on the inside label-- a bit like the bullet stamp on Factory items). Is it true that department store Coaches are stamped with an "X" inside? Also, do department store Coach boutiques sometimes carry colours/styles that independent Coach retailers do not? :confused1:

Please help!

:smile:

mello_yello_jen

Designated Shopaholic
O.G.
Jan 2, 2006
I know Nordstroms sometimes stamps their bags with a little "N" somewhere... I dont think Macy*s or Dillards does though.

The "X" stamp on the label usually means it's from a discount store like TJ Maxx/Marshall, not a dpt.store

And I've heard from Coach SA that dpt.stores sometimes do carry different colors from Coach boutiques

deweydrop

Coach wh*re
Nov 29, 2006
and sometimes...you can find a coach bag at TJMaxx/Marshalls...and it won't have the X on it.

:shrugs:

go figure! Gotta love the consistency! hehehe

but Yes, the X is a mark of a discount dept store (TJM/Marshalls)...I've bought bags from Nordstroms and Macy's...no marks on it whatsoever.