Wyeth Tote - black or eucalyptus or neither?

jandelvis

Apr 2, 2007
I have the Wyeth tote in Cordovan and it's my favorite HH I think of all time (!!!). Love the size and style and fringe and mutiple ways to carry and the leather texture. But I haven't worn it since the cold weather since the color seems fall/winter to me.

I ordered it in Eucalyptus for something like 250$ in the BB sale but it's held up in purse limbo - at some point with a ship date of Sept but now my order is showing a UPS tracking number, though it is still in the "Billing Info Rec'd" phase of gestation. In any event the delay has given me time to mull it over...

And become a little intoxicated with Toni's report of loving her black Wyeth and some other reviews here and on hh.com

Should I get the black instead? As my long time hotties know, I'm not a black bag person, but I am a sucker for leather, and all reports are that this is just the kind of HH leather I like. PLUS, i just sold a Euc Origami in part because I didn't want to worry about getting it dirty. This concern about the Ginger keeps me a little paranoid while wearing my Havana (I tried the spray thing on other bags but it's not for me).

What do you think? Black or Euc or neither (it's almost fall and I'll be back to my cordovan again, plus I am trying to downsize my purse needs, as evidence by latest ebay purge)?

I love the Wyeth and I too have it in Cordovan. I think maybe you should just save the money for fall. It's gonna be here really soon. Just giving you the advice that I need too. The fall clothes look expensive.

hey jandelvis, I think I told you that I ordered the EUC wyeth tote too which was backordered until September. I guess they shipped it early?? Anyway, I did change my order to Black and paid the same price for EUC ($260 ish, I think) and got the bag yesterday. This is my first Wyeth tote BTW and I don't normally buy black bags either. But I have to say I love it, it's very saturated black and the fringe details look subtle vs. lighter color imo. I also sold my EUC havana because I was afraid to get it dirty too. Anyway, I do love the black Wyeth tote.

^ One more thing... I'm not lusting after any F/W 2009 bags in particular, but rather the apparel and shoes...

hello........baby!
skip the Euc (you'll be self-conscious about gettin' that one dirty too!)
.....and the BLACK.......money for Fall baby!
remember - we can't have it ALL and like I mentioned to kdo, you can't take every adorable pup/kitty that grabs your heart home......right????

this coming from the VOR who went totally "BA ZERK" and bought a clutch that is beautiful, but not necessary.
(repeats to self: "BEN FRANKLIN, BEN FRANKLIN, BEN FRANKLIN.....")

I say skip it jan. The euc wyeth (and even the black, imho) doesn't rival the cordovan, so save all of your wyeth love for the one and only :smile:

The Fall clothes are TDF. That's what you should be saving for b/c OMG you are gonna rock those dresses out, girl.

I'm finding that HH clothes are cut a bit weird for my body. Usually most clothes fit my proportions really well, but HH always seems to be too tight or loose somewhere or another. But there are at least three of those dresses that I have GOT to have!

I'm with Cherub... either skip both or get the Euc. I think the Wyeth styling looks so cool in the soft grey. It's edgier than in the black (where it looks retro IMHO). The Euc looks modern and fresh. And to all of you worried about the Euc, if you trust in the TLC (2 or 3 coats!) you'll be so happy. I got a palm-sized SCHMEAR of ink on my Euc Havana and it came completely off. Like it never happened. Just my 2c. BUT... you do have the Cordovan, so it's not like you have NO Wyeth :smile: So maybe save for the clothes. Although (shifts yet again... typical Gemini) as a fellow non-black bagger who now owns a black Trophy AND Beatrice *sigh* I have to say the HH black leather is FANTASTIC. So there. Absolutely no help.

^^ LOL
I agree with paelaf... The fall clothes and shoes are way hot and are going to look awesome on you. I would wait until you see the full fall preview before you make your decision.

hey jandelvis, I think I told you that I ordered the EUC wyeth tote too which was backordered until September. I guess they shipped it early?? Anyway, I did change my order to Black and paid the same price for EUC ($260 ish, I think) and got the bag yesterday. This is my first Wyeth tote BTW and I don't normally buy black bags either. But I have to say I love it, it's very saturated black and the fringe details look subtle vs. lighter color imo. I also sold my EUC havana because I was afraid to get it dirty too. Anyway, I do love the black Wyeth tote.

The UPS pkg just picked up and it's going to be delivered tomorrow - much earlier than they had originally told us! The black Wyeth has been reviewed so well -- I'm glad to hear you're happy with it too! SO, it looks like i will be getting the Euc Wyeth tomorrow and can see it in person to decide if it stays or goes back to Ash St... I'll be sure to let you all know tomorrow how it is!

I say skip it jan. The euc wyeth (and even the black, imho) doesn't rival the cordovan, so save all of your wyeth love for the one and only :smile:

The Fall clothes are TDF. That's what you should be saving for b/c OMG you are gonna rock those dresses out, girl.

I'm finding that HH clothes are cut a bit weird for my body. Usually most clothes fit my proportions really well, but HH always seems to be too tight or loose somewhere or another. But there are at least three of those dresses that I have GOT to have!

hi paelaf!! have you seen the Euc and Black IRL?

The Penelope dress definitely isn't cut for my body (belt ties at wrong part of my waist and is blousier than looks ideal on my upper body) BUT i just can't get over my lust for HH apparel design -- do you have a trusted tailor who could make some minor adjustments to turn the fall dresses into something spectacular fitting for you?

Holy handbags, how did I miss the eucalyptus Wyeth tote for $250?! KEEP IT Jan!!! AW won't drop for another few months and you've several pay cheques to come before you'll have to pay for any of it! :graucho: