www.luisaviaroma.com - experiences?

materialgurl

in a material world
O.G.
Jul 9, 2008
Hi ladies,

I have just discovered this website www.luisaviaroma.com tonight while googling for a pair of CLs. I am wondering how come prices are so cheap?? For example, a pair of decollete is $460 CDN, I know in department stores it retails for $595.. !! PLUS this site offers free shipping?

Wondering if anyone has ordered from them and what their experiences were? I take it that they do not sell fakes... I did a search and a few members has said that they are an authorized retailer. TIA!

Remember the $460 is in Canadian dollars. If you go to the top of the page and change where the item is being shipped to it changes the currency. They are $595 when being shipped to the USA.

But cdn currency is less than usd??

Also.. I'm from Canada...

But why is it more expensive shipped to the states compared to Canada?

edit: ok i changed shipping country to USA and it IS $595! How strange! I switched it back to Canada and it's $460 again... which is A LOT cheaper! Good thing I am from Can then!

According to the exchange rates. For every US dollar you get .98 Canadian dollars.

Yeah.. I mean USD is not significantly more than CDN.. and even if it was, it still wouldn't make sense :shrugs:

Traditionally everything is more in CDN d/t the exchange rate... I don't know what happened there.

OP, i am from canada and ordered a pair of CLs from luisaviaroma.com last year. the price in Cdn $ is indeed much cheaper than US retail. however, despite free shipping, you will have to pay duties and taxes. i ended up paying close to 175$ Cdn in brokerage, duties and taxes on a pair of 4XX$ CLs. however, if you consider that in canada, the shoes i wanted were about 650$ Cdn before provincial sales tax & GST, i ended up saving, just not as significant a discount. if you buy them from a US store, the 595$US price does not include shipping costs, brokerage fees or duties/taxes either so you should take that into account too when you do your calculations to compare. HTH!!!

omg $175?? that is hefty!! but you're right phiphi, it would still be cheaper to order from them! The only thing I'm concerned about is returns... i read on the site that it's like 30 euros to ship back for returns :s!! Did your shoes end up fitting?

hi materialgurl - they were a smidge big, but a foot petal fixed that. you should really make sure that they fit before you get them though. i tried on the pair i wanted in a store and knew in advance they'd be a wee bit bigger because the smaller pair was just way too tight. good luck!

Prices on luisaviaroma are without VAT and customs fees, which depend on the country, and you should be able to get that information from your local customs office. I bought a pair of VPs and had to pay about 40% of the value of the shoe on customs, storage, handling and VAT.