wuzzz up? buy it now still available, even w/bids and no reserve

Apr 14, 2007
Hello,

I have noticed that it seems lately auctions that have bids and no reserve, still have the buy it now option available. I have seen this time and time again. Is there a new option within eBay to keep the buy it now (even if you have no reserve and have bids upon an item).

For example here is an item I came across, click here or see item number 150187878554, it has one bid and no reserve...but the buy it now is still available.

Then, here is one of my items that had a buy it now option and now has a bid, so the buy it now has gone away....[/FONTxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you within advance for any assistance you can provide regarding this matter. Thank you and happy holidays, Becky :heart::heart::heart:

I've seen that a lot recently as well. I wonder if they added that as a new option- I like it! I've always thought that if someone pays to add the Buy It Now option, then it should stay there until the auction ends.

I don't think it's a new option. I remember being interested in an auction at least a year ago. And it had a few bids, and still a buy it now option. So I just used the buy it now to win. But usually the b.i.n option goes away when someone places a bid. I have also wondered why it's different from auction to auction.

I think it should stay there anyway, if somebody wants something, she should be able to buy it immed. rather than go thru that whole placing bids jazz.

I think they are trying something new, I remember reading it somewhere that they were testing it in certain categories and the buy-it-now would be available until the bid price is at half of the buy now price or something like that.

I think it should stay there anyway, if somebody wants something, she should be able to buy it immed. rather than go thru that whole placing bids jazz.

Totally agree! Sometimes when I list something and the buy it now goes away with the first bid, people end up biddin up to my original Buy It Now price! Could have ended the whole thing earlier- and for the same price.

Hello,

Opps! So sorry swanky...I was using my auction and the one I found with the buy it now still there as examples (terribly sorry!). :crybaby:

I did contact eBay and here's what they said......

"Thank you for writing eBay in regard to persistent buy it now's.

There is a new feature being tried out on a few categories right now
where the buy it now will not disappear until the price of the bids is
half as high as the buy it now or higher.

In short it says that some auction with a buy it now, the buy it now
will not disappear until bidding gets over %50 the buy it now price.

I hope this information has helped. If you need further assistance,
please don't hesitate to reply to this email and let us know."

Good to know that the bid has to be at least 50% for the buy it now to go away. I hope this is helpful. best wishes and happy holidays! :heart: