WTS Forum Trades?

i haven't traded anything yet but i have sold stuff and i'm extremely paranoid about the non-regulars (sorry :sad2:smile:........whenever someone i don't recognize PM's me an offer i tend to go back and see what they've posted and how frequently, how long they've been a member, etc just to feel a little more secure

I agree, I'd be VERY wary of someone I didn't automatically recognize. You guys have NO idea how many threads we delete everyday by people who register then automatically post a WTS/WTT/WTB thread.
That said, it'd be interesting to hear about from people who've done it.
Like who sends it first . . . .?

SwankyMamaof3 said:
I agree, I'd be VERY wary of someone I didn't automatically recognize. You guys have NO idea how many threads we delete everyday by people who register then automatically post a WTS/WTT/WTB thread.
That said, it'd be interesting to hear about from people who've done it.
Like who sends it first . . . .?

Yeah... I would send items similtaneously with a regular member but I was asked for a trade by someone with 1 post and a very generic screen name that didn't indicate she was planning to stick around to become a regular. NOTHING wrong with that, I bet she's a really decent, wonderful person! I'm just a little wary, that's all. I figure we have lots of lurkers who will become regulars but those few bad apples...

funny ya brought this up INTL..I was thinking the same thing..I definately do not feel comfortable with buying from people with limited posts that I am not too familiar with. I also do a "background" check with posts LOL..I hope ya'll know me! :biggrin:

i hope people recognize my username even tho it's totally generic :sad2:.......honeslty i just use this username cuz i can't deal with remember more than one :smile:

honestly, not only would i not trade with someone whose username i didn't immediately recognize, i probably wouldn't trade with someone whose first name i couldn't associate with that sn. it's a much riskier transaction than selling, i'd have to be super familiar with the member to consider it.

Maybe it's becaus I am still relatively new here, but I feel much more comfortable buying from a member here than on ebay. At least I know people here appreciate the bags and hate fakes like I do.

But of course, I do also look for usernames that I can recognize as well. I don't make many posts but I felt like I got to know many members here through their words in the posts and would definitely trust them because of our common passion to bags.

Would it be useful to start a "thank yous" thread to document sales and trades and such? That way we could have a record of people who are consistently buying and selling, like on eBay. And I'd like a thread to say thank you to the great buyers and sellers I've found on Purseforum :smile:

IMHO, you need to know someone very well to do a trade with them. If there is no money changing hands, there is no protection through a credit card or paypal. You could very well ship your item and they might not ship theirs. If I were trading with someone I didn't know very well, I would suggest we both pay for each other's item through paypal. That way, we would both have the protection (and record) of a transaction. ;)

vanojr9 said:
Would it be useful to start a "thank yous" thread to document sales and trades and such? That way we could have a record of people who are consistently buying and selling, like on eBay. And I'd like a thread to say thank you to the great buyers and sellers I've found on Purseforum :smile:

That's a great idea, I would love to see a feedback forum, like how they do it over at howardforums !