WTMessenger compared with the Surprise Me

bonniekir

O.G.
Feb 8, 2007
I just recieved the Black crash Surprise me from the recent sample sale, so naturally I can't give a proper review yet.
But I can compare it with the WTM messenger, which I use and like!

But there are a few differences, which I would like to point out and where initially the WTM messenger wins some points by me. The WTM messenger is in the new Brown thick leather..yumm!:smile:

a) I always carry a water bottle with me, and the round thingies at the base of the WTM me allows a bottle to fit nicely...and it looks like I can carry more in the WTM, than in the SP..BUT neither of the bags are meant to carry half your belongings anyway. The SM is flatter than the WTM, but not completely flat as the pics will show.

b) The WTM is slightly longer and wider than the SM, and this allows a magazine or a standars A4 size of paper to be carried, while the zipper is closed.

c) The SM has 4 zippers outside the bag..great if you belong to the organized group..I don't..I tend to throw all I carry directly into the bag, hoping to be able to find them quickly!

But ..I will try the bag, because I actually like exterior design w/ the stitches..so, we'll see :biggrin:

Attachments

• P1010062.JPG
    P1010062.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 111
  • P1010064.JPG
    P1010064.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 151
  • P1010065.JPG
    P1010065.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 124
  • P1010066.JPG
    P1010066.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 144
  • P1010068.JPG
    P1010068.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 112
Bonnie, is that the light pink lining in the Chocolate WTM? It looks beautiful with the chocolate (By the way, the thick is no longer available - so you scored!)

Great review Bonnie - I have often thought about these two handbags in terms of comparison. What would we do without you??????

That thick choco with light pink is lucious together!

What are your impressions as far as the weight difference between the two? Does there feel like any difference? Sometimes my choco feels ligher to me than my crash, when really you would think it is the opposite.

Fabulous review, I love those pictures! Thank you!

The SPM is definitely more of an "envelope" & I love the sleekness of it while out shopping as I don't have to worry about knocking over the entire china display or expensive Edinburgh crystal!

That being said, I am curious about the WTM messenger. Bonnie, which do you prefer, WTM messenger or WTM midi? I'm planning another BEC & this is my current dilemma.

Thanks for posting pics! My Matte choco LM is shipping, so you really have me craving choco after seeing your pics.

Contessa........is shipping.........like from Italy to England, or England to you, I need a timeline, lol, I can't wait to see pictures of this handbag! (and if you would please obligue me during my whiny demanding self moment, we'll need a mod pix too when it arrives!)
Pretty please and:ty:

Lovehandbags my Sweet........yes...my bag is on its merry way from London to little me.....I should get it soon! How soon???? Very soon!

Modelling pics?? Why not!

I'm hoping this one is mohogany rich, delicious, and everything I dreamt it to be! It will have the pale blue lining and brass hw.

OMG - oh how I adore that pale blue lining - she is going to be a beauty!
Thank you in advance for pictures!! Yeah!!!!!!!

bonnie - thanks for letting us bond about the Choco on your thread, you have got us all excited:heart:

The WTMme is actually clinging closer to the body than the SM due to the two thingies at the base,so no knocking Royal Copenhagen about at all..lol.. and the weight of the Black crash SM is also a bit more than my Silver Crash WTMes..I guess it's the extra HW adding a bit.
So, LoveHandbags, I also guess it depends on the choise of leather, but the difference is really not that much.

Con..I have not worn the SM yet, so I cant say how it is, but it's obvious the the WTMmessenger can hold a bit more, so I think it depends what you use the bag for?

I think I will have it difficult without my bottle ...that is my waterbottle ;)

slsk..Yes, it's the pinkie Pink lining..it looks real nice! But the baby blue is not bad either or the light beige together with the Browns!.and no more of the Thick mattes?? Really strange! I think these new ones are so nice and oily and rich to touch..

Con..Btw..my LMM in the Choco matte has also the pale blue lining..so you're in for a treat!

The WTMme is actually clinging closer to the body than the SM due to the two thingies at the base,so no knocking Royal Copenhagen about at all..lol.. and the weight of the Black crash SM is also a bit more than my Silver Crash WTMes..I guess it's the extra HW adding a bit.
So, LoveHandbags, I also guess it depends on the choise of leather, but the difference is really not that much.

Con..I have not worn the SM yet, so I cant say how it is, but it's obvious the the WTMmessenger can hold a bit more, so I think it depends what you use the bag for?

I think I will have it difficult without my bottle ...that is my waterbottle ;)

slsk..Yes, it's the pinkie Pink lining..it looks real nice! But the baby blue is not bad either or the light beige together with the Browns!.and no more of the Thick mattes?? Really strange! I think these new ones are so nice and oily and rich to touch..

Con..Btw..my LMM in the Choco matte has also the pale blue lining..so you're in for a treat!

Bonnie!!!!

Thanks for the advice. Always trustworthy & sound :smile:

I'm in the process of moving (looking at properties this weekend) so if there's some change left-over I may bespoke another delight.......perhaps the WTM messenger!

Btw.....I thought the thick mattes were still avail? Bon, did you buy out all the leather again???!!!!!!!! (Contessa runs to hide.......!)

I am looking for a bag to take on a trip this summer, one that can worn across body for security & hands free sight seeing & shopping- at first I thought I wanted a SM, but now I think a WTM would be a better fit!

Thank you for this great comparison/review!

I think if you wish to carry something more than papers, a make-up bag and a wallet with you..like I do..( I always have a waterbottle and some fruit with me) you will find the messenger a better choise.

But both are great to wear when sightseeing or going to museums or anywhere you want to be hands free with a very light weight and secure bag!

Herm..what leather are you having in mind??..or are you still in the thinking phase?

I think if you wish to carry something more than papers, a make-up bag and a wallet with you..like I do..( I always have a waterbottle and some fruit with me) you will find the messenger a better choise.

But both are great to wear when sightseeing or going to museums or anywhere you want to be hands free with a very light weight and secure bag!

Herm..what leather are you having in mind??..or are you still in the thinking phase?

There's a Petrol Sheen on Bonan. that i keep looking at......I think the only thing that's holding me back is I wish I could see the color in person- I thought I wanted a neutral color since it's the only day bag I'd be taking on this trip (I'll be gone 18 days) so it needs to go with alot- I see some peppled ones, but thought the pebbled leather might be heavier to tote around...

When I look at different photos of Petrol some make it look like a bright blue and others a more subdued color...any thoughts or suggestions?