wristlets as wallets

My Mom (67 years old) does this. She was carrying this little zippered pouch made from, I swear, tent material or something. It was all nasty and gross, so I bought her a little black leather Coach wristlet. I fibbed a little to her and told her it was really cheap because I didn't think she would use it otherwise. I also made sure to tell her that if the she can get it fixed by Coach if the stitching comes out or the zipper breaks. She carrys her ID and a couple of other cards like her insurance and AARP and AAA cards and her cash. She says it is the perfect size because she can still fit it in her pocket.

I do only if I'm running a quick errand or am going to the rink and don't want a whole purse with me. Just my ID, debit card, phone, cash and lip gloss and I'm all set.

I couldn't do that all the time, however. In general, I need the more organized feel of a wallet with compartments, coin zip area, etc.

I use a wristlet in place of a wallet - cash, coins, major cards (license, credit card, ATM card, health insurance cards), owners card for my car, and if the wristlet is big enough my checkbook. Right now I'm using my brown/brown Bleecker capacity wristlet and in addition to everything already mentioned, I've thrown my cell phone in there as well so I can just grab and go if I dont feel like carrying Carly with me. All my frequent shopper cards and gift cards are in a mini skinny.

I have never used a wristlet as a wallet, but I know that a lot of people do. I always think I might try it out just to see how it works, but I like the organization of my checkbook wallets. I can see where everything is and it all goes in it's own little slot. Just easier for me I guess.