Wristlet without the Wrist Strap?

greyhoundgal

Mar 5, 2006
Ok, I know that sounds crazy but I want a wristlet that doesn't have the wrist strap. I have been tempted to cut them off because they drive me crazy. (I would never deface a Coach product like that so everyone can breathe easy.) I love using the wristlets to keep things organized but I get sick of all of the "wristlet strap spaghetti" that ends up taking over my purse. Am I missing something? Does Coach make a "pouch" like the wristlets but with a detachable strap?

Yes they do but they are larger and they can also become mini bags.. I love strap but I understand what you mean sometime it is a bother. Like when you are looking of something in your bag...

This is my first post so go easy on me please :P
I believe I saw a Coach wristlet on ebay without the strap (I believe the strap was lost?) Anyways, you might want to check there and see what they have. Since I just use wristlets by themselves I have never encountered this problem. But this is just my two cents :biggrin:

I feel the same way! In fact because I cannot cut off the strap myself I have actually bought a few off ebay that has already been cut. Since no one wants them I get them at a steal! I also use a Leah wristlet and a Ergo pleated because their straps can be removed. I only want/need one wristlet with an actual strap the others I just use in my bags to organize. And I hate all those darn straps!

The Ergo Capacity wristlet has a detachable strap. I guess many of the capacity wristlets do but not the smaller ones.

If you go on eBay and look up the Josie (or look in Bunny's thread in the shopping section) you will see a medium/small thin bag that has no straps. That might meet your needs.

I agree, if you are carrying more than one, the wristlet straps do get in the way. If it will make you happy, cut the strap off. Or detach the metal piece that attaches the strap to the little leather loop on the wristlet. Over the years I have become a firm believer in using what I have. So if that will bring you greater utility then GO FOR IT.

Good luck!!

Last edited:
I feel the same way about wanting no strap, but not wanting to deface the bag. I also agree that if it's mine, logically what's the difference, I should be able to open up the attachment or cut it off, yet here I sit straps intact...

That totally escaped my mind. I could do without the strap on one of my wristlets, but my legacy one I grab out by itself to run into gas stations etc.

Personally if I could find a cheap wrislet at the outlet or on evilbay I'd clip the strap and just know that I'd keep it forever or when I re-sold it's be for a little bit of nothing!!!

PS~ Have you considered trying the cosmetic cases to organize your goodies??? No straps there!!!

They should make them ALL w/ detatchable straps so that they don't turn into a straptastic MESS!!!!!

Kisslock wristlet strap comes off, too!