Wristlet Conundrum

Euclase

O.G.
Nov 3, 2011
So I'm stuck on making a wristlet decision and I need guidance. I have a couple of Coach bags, but my daily-use one now is a blue Kristin Hippie. I can actually stuff quite a bit in it including my wallet- a black Sutton signature skinny (46407), and a mesh pounch of really-small-things-that-would-be-a-nightmare-to-pick-up-if-my-purse-falls-open. Said mesh pouch is in need of an upgrade, but I don't know what to buy.

I stopped by my boutique, and I kinda liked the Madison small pebbled leather wristlet (4x6 in), but it doesn't seem as flexible as a fabric one, and it's only available in persimmon & black now. Also, some of my small things (e.g. a jewelers loupe) are pretty wide, and that makes for a tight fit in the leather.

On the other hand, fabric wristlets all have a signature pattern, and I prefer sig. patterns in one hue. Since I'm not a fan of sig. + brown though, that leaves black, which then is too matchy and easily confused with my wallet.

Am I too picky? Is there a particular older-style small pouch I should look for on the 'bay or ask for @ Jax? Can leather be purposefully stretched by over-stuffing a wristlet, or is that sacrilege? Are fabric wristlets as durable as leather or vice versa? Any input is much appreciated. Thank you!

the large madison wristlets are nice.. very roomy. But on that same note I like the smaller leather ones. They will stretch over time and do hold more then you think.
Personally I have a cosmetic pouch (graffi) one for last year and love it.... it holds the world. I'd have to locate one on ebay as I got mine when the deletes when to the outlet.

I would suggest a cosmetic pouch too because the shape isn't flat. There is the Julia in tone on tone signature. They made it in a lot of jewel tones. Coach.com only shows the pink and black ones, but I have seen them in blue and green at Macy's.
There are also some leather wristlets that are bigger than the small Madison. On Coach.com is a medium leather croc. The large wristlets are huge and probably too big for your hippie. Ebay has some from awhile ago that would also work. I know they made a leather one with a flap that was about 7 x 5 x 1 that would be an ideal size.

I also use cosmetic cases to hold small items. I have a fat one that I use for cosmetics and small, bulky items; and a flat one for coupons and miscellaneous papers. Having items organizeded and contained makes it much easier to find stuff and to switch out purses. Below is a picture of my Ergo hobo all loaded up.

If you prefer a wristlet, I have a large Poppy leather wristlet that I love. It has a lot of room and a generous zip pocket. It is number 43968. My wristlet is black leather but the link below (NMA!) is for the same wristlet in grape. But if you plan to carry it inside your bag, a fabric wristlet would be lighter weight and more flexible.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-Coach-P...3608?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=bin231736f768

ergo_cupcake7.jpg

I love wristlets and some of my favorites are the large poppy, large patent perforated audrey, and the large kisslock satin wristlets in varying sizes and colors (I have grass green, pink, blue, and legacy striped)...those kisslock ones were MFF I think. The kisslock ones I have are nice because they're easy to get into and they hold a TON for a wristlet b/c they're fat. I have the satin amanda cosmetic cases also and they are very nice. I have a large croc madison wristlet in rasberry that is roomy and extremely sturdy.

Maybe one of the capacity turnlock leather types would suit your needs? I have seen them on ebay, but haven't had one so not familiar with it. I know I've seen them in various colors/styles though.
I hope you'll post pics of what you decide on! Happy shopping!

bb81c443.jpg

I use the large wristlets the most....here's the 2 that's in my bag right now. I like these more than the regular sized wristlets b/c so much more fits in them. Plus there nice to take bag shopping or to the movies.

The leather wristlets break in with use and become soft so don't let the stiffness of them scare you off. If you decide to go for a canvas I'd suggest going for a coated canvas because they are more durable than the regular fabric. They do tend to be stiff but they also break in after use but they will not have as much give as a leather one would give you.

The leather wristlets break in with use and become soft so don't let the stiffness of them scare you off. If you decide to go for a canvas I'd suggest going for a coated canvas because they are more durable than the regular fabric. They do tend to be stiff but they also break in after use but they will not have as much give as a leather one would give you.

i agree with the leather!! i just got the the green wristlet in my earlier post just recently from a lovely tPF'er and its so smooshy and isn't stiff at all! a nice feel to it i love it! .... and i love my fabric wristlet but its so light and i'm scared to get it dirty...so i'm glad that i have a leather one to take out with me if all i need is the wristlet.

bb81c443.jpg

I use the large wristlets the most....here's the 2 that's in my bag right now. I like these more than the regular sized wristlets b/c so much more fits in them. Plus there nice to take bag shopping or to the movies.

LOVE that green colour!!! I'm a purse person I like having something on my shoulder, but I really want to get one to take clubbing. I'm hunting ebay for one that I can put a wallet in because I have two vintage wristlets that I never use. I can't fit a wallet in either of them and am too lazy to take everything important out of my wallet and into a mini skinny or loose in the wristlet LOL

The large Mad Wristlets have a strap that can be hooked to the opposite side, like a handle. And a regular wristlet or skinny will fit inside of them. I carry two in each bag. :biggrin:

ladyash said:
LOVE that green colour!!! I'm a purse person I like having something on my shoulder, but I really want to get one to take clubbing. I'm hunting ebay for one that I can put a wallet in because I have two vintage wristlets that I never use. I can't fit a wallet in either of them and am too lazy to take everything important out of my wallet and into a mini skinny or loose in the wristlet LOL

You can fit a mini skinny in the large wristlets and use it like a wallet/clutch....I have a medium skinny(with 3 card slots inside) and that fits in the green wristlet(that one is bigger than the cream/white one I have in the pic....

And there are some large wristlets that you can unsnap the handle and clip it on the other end to make it a small handbag but the ones I've seen don't have a zipper(just a magnetic flap closure. I'm too scared to lose something though I doubt anything would fall out...hope you find a solution :] camera cases sound good too! Makes me want to get some after hearing ideas from other tPFers

Thank you everyone for your enlightening feedback! I'll have a little reveal as soon as I figure out what's the best fit for my accessories. :greengrin:

I also use cosmetic cases to hold small items. I have a fat one that I use for cosmetics and small, bulky items; and a flat one for coupons and miscellaneous papers. Having items organizeded and contained makes it much easier to find stuff and to switch out purses. Below is a picture of my Ergo hobo all loaded up.

If you prefer a wristlet, I have a large Poppy leather wristlet that I love. It has a lot of room and a generous zip pocket. It is number 43968. My wristlet is black leather but the link below (NMA!) is for the same wristlet in grape. But if you plan to carry it inside your bag, a fabric wristlet would be lighter weight and more flexible.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-Coach-P...3608?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=bin231736f768

ergo_cupcake7.jpg

Being a voyeur in your bag makes me oh so happy. My hippie's already flirting with full, but I'll have to get a larger shiny wristlet like that for when I paint the town red.

I love wristlets and some of my favorites are the large poppy, large patent perforated audrey, and the large kisslock satin wristlets in varying sizes and colors (I have grass green, pink, blue, and legacy striped)...those kisslock ones were MFF I think. The kisslock ones I have are nice because they're easy to get into and they hold a TON for a wristlet b/c they're fat. I have the satin amanda cosmetic cases also and they are very nice. I have a large croc madison wristlet in rasberry that is roomy and extremely sturdy.

Maybe one of the capacity turnlock leather types would suit your needs? I have seen them on ebay, but haven't had one so not familiar with it. I know I've seen them in various colors/styles though.
I hope you'll post pics of what you decide on! Happy shopping!

Aren't kisslocks the best?! I have a Parker op art clutch in black, and you're right, the kisslock closure fits a ton of stuff. I'll have to pester my local outlet to see if they have any MFF kisslocks now...

bb81c443.jpg

Alas, one of those could single-handedly max out my petite purse, but I heartily applaud your excellent taste. Thanks for sharing!

i agree with the leather!! i just got the the green wristlet in my earlier post just recently from a lovely tPF'er and its so smooshy and isn't stiff at all! a nice feel to it i love it! .... and i love my fabric wristlet but its so light and i'm scared to get it dirty...so i'm glad that i have a leather one to take out with me if all i need is the wristlet.

Whew! Good to know they do break in and smoosh-ify! My boutique SA said they would stay stiff, and I didn't want to invest in a wristlet and somehow irrevocably damage it.

The large Mad Wristlets have a strap that can be hooked to the opposite side, like a handle. And a regular wristlet or skinny will fit inside of them. I carry two in each bag. :biggrin:

Yes, the straps that hook on opposite sides are so versatile. That will definitely be my next bigger bag + night-out accessory.