Wrinkles

taxvixen

O.G.
Aug 27, 2006
Ok, I'm not talking about the ones on my face but instead scarf wrinkles/creases from tying them in different ways. What's the best way to deal with this? Steam? Iron by placing a towel or soft cloth between the iron and the scarf? Drycleaning (hate the idea of this if the scarf isn't stained)? Wearing them with a sharpei puppy in tow so that the scarf (and my face) look less wrinkly by comparison?:s

TV, I know this will sound odd, but I iron my scarves using a travel iron. It never really gets that hot, but it does get hot enough to remove the wrinkles. Now, if only other kinds of wrinkles were removed as easily.... :lol:

TV, let the scarves rest for a bit (I hang mine over the footend of my bed), that helps a lot. If you don't want to steam/iron (either is fine), what you can also do is fold the scarf as neatly as you can and put it under a bunch of other scarves, that has taken care of a lot of wrinkles for me.....

That's good to know! I got a stream genie thingy that I bought to do some cleaning with but who was I kidding - I don't do domestics.. LOL! So, now I gotta go dig that up from the shed for H scarves!:P

A while ago at a trade convention, a friend bought a Eurosteam Iron for me. It's a Miracle Iron. Unlike conventional irons, you can place it directly on silk/silk charmeuse, viscose and other delicate fabrics (and even leave it on top of them for several minutes) on your ironing board without any damage. So now I my delicates, including all my H scarves, can be pressed even at home. It's pricey, but worth it!