Wrinkles in ponytail scarf

kabaker

Kabaker
O.G.
Dec 26, 2007
Hi all, I did a search and I did not find anything pertaining to this question. I have the tattersall silk ponytail scarf and I REALLY want to wear it in my hair but it has wrinkles in it from being on one of my bags...how do I get these wrinkles out?

Check the materials on the scarf, then the suggested settings on an iron to make sure you set it appropriately and then you should be able to iron out the wrinkles. A dry cleaner could do it to, and starch it, but not suggested for starching, and plus it's a cost as opposed to what you can do at home.

I ALWAYS iron my ponytail scarves before putting them on my bags. I just put them on a lower setting, but not too low or the previous creases wont even budge. I've never had a problem.

hand held steamers are the safest way to iron out wrinkles on delicate fabrics. Also, they're great to have for a quick touch up on your clothes and they get out wrinkles your iron couldn't. If I was on a desert island, my steamer would be in my life bag lol.

hand held steamers are the safest way to iron out wrinkles on delicate fabrics. Also, they're great to have for a quick touch up on your clothes and they get out wrinkles your iron couldn't. If I was on a desert island, my steamer would be in my life bag lol.

I assume you don't have the 6 foot tall one like I do, then? :smile:

If you have a steamer, that works really well. I think that's what coach uses when they sell the floor model of a scarf/ponytail scarf

Yep - or an iron. :yes: At my store it was whichever was easier to get to. ;)

For the OP - I wash my scarves in Woolite in the sink and hang to dry, they get so wrinkly! So I just steam or iron them once they're dry. Works like a charm! :tup: