Wrinkles in ponytail scarf

kabaker

Kabaker
O.G.
Dec 26, 2007
San Diego, CA
Hi all, I did a search and I did not find anything pertaining to this question. I have the tattersall silk ponytail scarf and I REALLY want to wear it in my hair but it has wrinkles in it from being on one of my bags...how do I get these wrinkles out?

donnalynn11

Jul 25, 2007
I ALWAYS iron my ponytail scarves before putting them on my bags. I just put them on a lower setting, but not too low or the previous creases wont even budge. I've never had a problem.

JennE

Apr 10, 2008
Ohio
If you have a steamer, that works really well. I think that's what coach uses when they sell the floor model of a scarf/ponytail scarf

Apr 28, 2008
I iron mine too.
I use the shot of steam from my iron as well.
If the wrinkle is really embedded, I'll sprtiz the scarf w/ a touch of h20 first.

peacocky

Flaunt your Fringe
Dec 7, 2005
hand held steamers are the safest way to iron out wrinkles on delicate fabrics. Also, they're great to have for a quick touch up on your clothes and they get out wrinkles your iron couldn't. If I was on a desert island, my steamer would be in my life bag lol.

loupole

Outlet addict
Oct 30, 2008
Orlando, FL
hand held steamers are the safest way to iron out wrinkles on delicate fabrics. Also, they're great to have for a quick touch up on your clothes and they get out wrinkles your iron couldn't. If I was on a desert island, my steamer would be in my life bag lol.
I assume you don't have the 6 foot tall one like I do, then? :smile:

peacocky

Flaunt your Fringe
Dec 7, 2005
no, I have a small hand held one. It takes 30 seconds to heat up and it's easy to store. I bought it at Joann's two years ago.

jennaflr

<3
O.G.
Jun 2, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
If you have a steamer, that works really well. I think that's what coach uses when they sell the floor model of a scarf/ponytail scarf
Yep - or an iron. :yes: At my store it was whichever was easier to get to. ;)

For the OP - I wash my scarves in Woolite in the sink and hang to dry, they get so wrinkly! So I just steam or iron them once they're dry. Works like a charm! :tup: