Wrinkled Marmont chevrons.. Keep or return?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi guys, I got a NWT mini leather Marmont off eBay for $1100, but the gorgeous baby came with wrinkling in some of the Chevrons. Should I return it? Or is $1100 a good enough deal to justify keeping it and attempting to dewrinkle? Seller already refuse a price adjustment. Gahhh! So conflicted!

Attached Files:

2. I think it looks okay, probably just normal for a leather bag.

alliegetyourgun likes this.
  3. Thanks babe, yeah that’s true, and some wrinkles are already releasing from being stuffed. Thanks for your input!

DreamingBeauty likes this.
  4. Well. I got them out!!! I used stuffing, steam, and a mini iron through thick brown paper. It took about 2 hours of very patient and meticulous work but I think she came out gorgeous! Woot! It did flatten the puffiness of the side I heat treated a bit, but considering the slouchy nature of the bag I’m not worried about that being an issue long term. I posted my progress through the struggle.

Attached Files:

Cams, DreamingBeauty and coolmelondew like this.
  5. That's awesome! I got a super mini that was pretty wrinkled when I received it from NM and I thought about keeping it but I ended up ordering another one which I hope looks better so I can return the other. haha.. >.<

6. I think you should keep it.

If you keep it stuffed more wrinkles might come out.

Lovely bag by the way :flowers:

7. Always better to swap if you can! Hope she is perfect! What color did you get? I love the super mini, so cute.

shelui4 likes this.
  8. Thanks babe! I agree, I’ll def keep her well stuffed in hopes the rest fall out. But for today, she’s going on her first spin!

9. I got it in the antique rose/nude color! It's def a different color for me, I usually always go for black. :smile:

10. Gorgeous choice, so chic in the nude and gold combo! And I love the fact you can wear as a belt bag too!

shelui4 likes this.
  11. Congrats! You got a good price on it.

12. Thanks! I know, now that I got the wrinkles out it really is a great deal!

13. Beautiful bag! I’m in the lookout for one at EBay. How do you know it not a fake? I’m so afraid of spending all this money and ending up with one that is not real...

14. Thank you! That's exactly why I was drawn to it. haha.. Multiple styles of wearing it!

15. To be honest you have to really know your stuff, and study the bag so you know every detail. I also have seen the fake version of this bag and was able to discern all the subtle differences. I have gotten a fake bag before, and I sent it back and got a full refund including return shipping. eBay is pretty good about refunds if he bag is fake, so you can always have it authenticated and return need be. It def takes a careful eye and more research that’s for sure.

tisse01 likes this.