Wraps for fall? Opinions needed :p

LivinLuxuriously

Surprisingly Content
May 14, 2006
I've been looking around alot for fashionable but classic fall clothes (and, consecuently, have been posting like crazy :nuts) - and ran into this wrap at Banana Republic:
br514312-01p01v01.jpg

http://www.bananarepublic.com/browse/product.do?cid=5036&pid=514312

It's cute and soft - but the way it ties to the side looks sorta sloppy to me and maybe it throws off the symmetry...but I keep going back and forth on it... it is sorta cute.... hmm... (yes or no!?) so my questions are as follows: (A) - Are wraps in for fall? Are they considered classics? (B) - Where's a good place to get good quality wraps but not like, over-the-top expensive like a Chanel wrap or anything like that... (C) - Pictures of good wraps or wraps you like personally???

Love you all :heart:

i like the banana republic one better, its a very cute and looks warm but i don't think it will stay around for long if thats what ur looking for

I bought a couple from Vince last year and also one from this season and they will all be worn and loved this coming fall/winter.

Yay for wraps!!!!

When you said wraps, I thought you meant shawls! :biggrin:

Yes, I think wrap cardigans and jackets (and shawl type wraps, for that matter!) are very popular and were seen all over the catwalks.

I don't think I'd go for the striped version, personally and I agree that the fastening is a little messy.

I think knitwear is one of those areas where, if you possibly can, it is worth spending a little bit more, for the sake of quality.

BTW, I bought a Vanessa Bruno mohair cable knit cardigan last year and I will definitely be wearing it again this year (and probably next year as well!):

Attachments

• Vanessa Bruno Mohair Cable Cardigan (on mannequin).jpg
    Vanessa Bruno Mohair Cable Cardigan (on mannequin).jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 111
  • Vanessa Bruno Mohair Cable Cardigan (on mannequin, reverse).jpg
    Vanessa Bruno Mohair Cable Cardigan (on mannequin, reverse).jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 94
When you said wraps, I thought you meant shawls! :biggrin:

Yes, I think wrap cardigans and jackets (and shawl type wraps, for that matter!) are very popular and were seen all over the catwalks.

I don't think I'd go for the striped version, personally and I agree that the fastening is a little messy.

I think knitwear is one of those areas where, if you possibly can, it is worth spending a little bit more, for the sake of quality.

BTW, I bought a Vanessa Bruno mohair cable knit cardigan last year and I will definitely be wearing it again this year (and probably next year as well!):

Well va-va-VOOM :nuts:! Me likey! Where to buy, where to buy?! :tup:

^Thanks I am loving knits! That one is by Aussie designers Camilla & Marc. My favorite boutique in Chicago, P45, pulled it for me as they thought it would be something I'd like. Of course, they were right. I see net-a-porter is getting their designs as well.

BR one does look really nice! I agree that Vince has nice wraps too. You may wanna check out your local Nordstrom; they usually carry lots of wraps, in cashmere and wool.

I personally carry a scarf or shawl of some sort everywhere I go even if it's summer time, you never know where the airconditioning is going to be strong.