Wrapped handles - fake?

gabby1987

O.G.
Aug 31, 2013
hello all!
I'm a college student who LOVES thrift storing. I've scored many designer bags (MK, Catier, Louis Vuitton), so I'm always checking all the purses I find. Today I found a Chanel Boy bag. I was immediately suspicious because who donates a like new Chanel bah? Everything checked out....nice quality leather,the inside serial # was scored, and matched the authenticity card, the lining looked right, etc.....However, the chain was wrapped in plastic, and the gold embossing on the authenticity card had a rainbow effect. I read on an authenticity website that Chanel never wraps the handles in plastic, and that the authenticity cards cannot have a rainbow effect...so I left it......did I do right? Or were those websites wrong?

hello all!
I'm a college student who LOVES thrift storing. I've scored many designer bags (MK, Catier, Louis Vuitton), so I'm always checking all the purses I find. Today I found a Chanel Boy bag. I was immediately suspicious because who donates a like new Chanel bah? Everything checked out....nice quality leather,the inside serial # was scored, and matched the authenticity card, the lining looked right, etc.....However, the chain was wrapped in plastic, and the gold embossing on the authenticity card had a rainbow effect. I read on an authenticity website that Chanel never wraps the handles in plastic, and that the authenticity cards cannot have a rainbow effect...so I left it......did I do right? Or were those websites wrong?

Always follow your gut. Move on :smile:

I don't own a boy, but every bag I've ever purchased never came with the strap (chain leather intertwined) wrapped in plastic. My cards have never had a rainbow effect either, not sure what that would look like but it's never been anything but black.

hello all!

how much were they selling it for?

it sounds like a fake because i have seen a video with the mentioned rainbow authenticity card. And Chanel authenticity card should look gold not rainbowy