Wrap Dresses (DVF) and Big B00bies!

I always have to size down with wrap dresses. I love the BCBG wrap dresses.. The jersey material and prints Are awesome and with 2 strips of fashion tape on either side ( I put it on the outer part of the cups of my bra and stick the dress to it) I've never had it pop open. I've never worn a cami under any of my wrap dresses.. I'm petite but have a 30D bust.

What other designers? Are they just random dresses you've seen, or specific designers? The thing about DVF that appeals to be in her fabric. I love that jersey knit she uses.

I will definitely update and let you know. I bought the dress yesterday, but didn't have time for alterations, so I'll have to go back in. Since I bought the dress from Nordstroms, the alterations are free, so I think I'm definitely going to have them add the snap.

The cami will work with THIS dress because the too is solid black, so wearing a black cami underneath isn't a big deal and/or that noticeable, but it don't think I'd ever want to wear a printed dress with a cami under rather because then it would obvious.

Hi, I am sorry as I just saw this, yes they are random, many designers will make a wrap dress every now and then, but I kept looking wanting to find a wrap dress for me, I didn't want the camisole underneath or have to worry about tape.:flowers:Off the top of my head, I know that there are others but Max mara, sonia rykiel and celine have all made a wrap dress that has fit better than a DVF for me. I know there is one ore brand but at this time I can't think of them.:shame:Though you are right DVF jersey fabric is very nice.

I have to wear a 14 in DVF wraps despite being an 8/10 - they just seem to run really super small - I'm a 'C' cup and have to wear something underneath otherwise it would be all out so I don't think anyone any bigger could fit a DVF wrap especially as I'm at the largest size :P I find camisoles too bulky so have a load of boob tube tops in different colours that just go that just go over my bra for coverage purposes and find that works ok.

I just can't imagine sizing up - down maybe, but not up. The problem is the top is already so "loose" and pops open because of my cleavage. I would think sizing up would only make it worse. I did buy the dress - and a black cami - I didn't have them add the snap yet until I'm absolutely certain that its the "right" dress for me.

I'll "model" it for you guys tonight and give me your honest opinions, ok?

And here's how it looks without the cami - it may not look THAT low in these pics, but its definitely lower than I'm comfortable with. It also loosens up the more I move around and opens up even more than this. I'm not sure it comes through in these pics, but the top half of the dress is already a little loose, especially in the shoulders, which is why I can't imagine sizing up. I was also thinking about the snap idea - I think I'd only do it if they could use a black snap cuz if I wore it with a cami, I wouldn't need to use the snap, but I wouldn't want it to show, which is would if it were silver.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1395894917.054352.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1395894927.099748.jpg
image.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1395894946.877424.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1395894957.745230.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like it feels & fits nicely! I would think the snap may work. My only hesitation is if the snap is placed too high (covering all cleavage) does it affect the look much? Will it pull? I have the exact same fit problem with this style of dress.

I prefer the look without the cami. I understand why you're using the cami, though. I think the dress is more flattering (slimming) without it.

I love this style - I think with the flared skirt it's more comfortable than the regular wrap dresses - I would go the look with the cami, it looks perfect! I agree with what you said about the loosening of the top, you would always be checking it out and not comfortable otherwise.

Looks like it feels & fits nicely! I would think the snap may work. My only hesitation is if the snap is placed too high (covering all cleavage) does it affect the look much? Will it pull? I have the exact same fit problem with this style of dress.

I prefer the look without the cami. I understand why you're using the cami, though. I think the dress is more flattering (slimming) without it.

Thank you! :flowers:
I was actually thinking about the placement of a snap last night. I also wonder about it changing the look of the dress (I think I said that in my one of my earlier posts too!) I don't think I'd want it covering all the cleavage. I was thinking that a good place might be only slightly higher than where the dress meets naturally. While I think its too low in these photos, I'm not objected to some cleavage. My biggest concern is the dress opening up, revealing more than I care to. The whole purpose of the snap wouldn't be to change the plunge of the neckline as much as it would be to keep the dress from coming apart on its own.

I love this style - I think with the flared skirt it's more comfortable than the regular wrap dresses - I would go the look with the cami, it looks perfect! I agree with what you said about the loosening of the top, you would always be checking it out and not comfortable otherwise.

I did try on one of her more "traditional" wrap dress with a collar & straight skirt and didn't like it quite as much. The fit & flare is a style that always works for me (love that it has pockets!). You hit the nail on the head as to my concern. I'm very subconscious about things like that! I wish I had the confidence to wear it "as is" and feel good about how I look.

You look amazing!! I really like the different bottom/top combo!!:tup:A fabric store can sell you a black snap that you can sew on, I think. Again love the dress on you!:flowers:

Thank you! :flowers:
I was actually thinking about the placement of a snap last night. I also wonder about it changing the look of the dress (I think I said that in my one of my earlier posts too!) I don't think I'd want it covering all the cleavage. I was thinking that a good place might be only slightly higher than where the dress meets naturally. While I think its too low in these photos, I'm not objected to some cleavage. My biggest concern is the dress opening up, revealing more than I care to. The whole purpose of the snap wouldn't be to change the plunge of the neckline as much as it would be to keep the dress from coming apart on its own.

I did try on one of her more "traditional" wrap dress with a collar & straight skirt and didn't like it quite as much. The fit & flare is a style that always works for me (love that it has pockets!). You hit the nail on the head as to my concern. I'm very subconscious about things like that! I wish I had the confidence to wear it "as is" and feel good about how I look.

I would take it to a tailor, tell them what you want and have them place the snap or snaps.:flowers:

You look amazing!! I really like the different bottom/top combo!!:tup:A fabric store can sell you a black snap that you can sew on, I think. Again love the dress on you!:flowers:

I would take it to a tailor, tell them what you want and have them place the snap or snaps.:flowers:

Thank you so much - you're too kind! :tender:
I bought the dress at Nordstroms and I get free alterations, so I'd have them do it - it was actually my SA's idea to have them add a snap (I don't know that I would have thought of that myself!). I wonder if they'd have a black snap versus a silver one (if they don't, I wonder if I could buy my own and have them put it in?).