Wowzers! I think I'm in love (Dior Gaucho)

I don't know why, and I feel really alone here, but whenever I see these slouchy brown bags with distressed leather and misplaced Coach-type buckles I don't feel love. It is as if I am putting down a grand or more (and I am sure that is what it costs) for some cowboy's used saddlebag. And the bag as little coins and keys hanging off of it? Is he trying to be cute? I have to admit, though I have never seen the Paddigton either, I can't justify spending that much money on a worn out shapeless brown bag with an oversized padlock. Is something wrong with me that I don't see things the way so many bloggers do? I mean sure, if the gaucho was $400 maybe even $600 at the most I might consider it, as a wear with jeans only kind of bag... but help, if I am missing something vital enlighten me.

TheArtofAcquisition said:
I don't know why, and I feel really alone here, but whenever I see these slouchy brown bags with distressed leather and misplaced Coach-type buckles I don't feel love. It is as if I am putting down a grand or more (and I am sure that is what it costs) for some cowboy's used saddlebag. And the bag as little coins and keys hanging off of it? Is he trying to be cute? I have to admit, though I have never seen the Paddigton either, I can't justify spending that much money on a worn out shapeless brown bag with an oversized padlock. Is something wrong with me that I don't see things the way so many bloggers do? I mean sure, if the gaucho was $400 maybe even $600 at the most I might consider it, as a wear with jeans only kind of bag... but help, if I am missing something vital enlighten me.

You are not alone. I am in the same page as you. I don't really like slouchy bag either. I like more structured bags. Don't get me wrong tho, the dior gaucho is not bad but it doesn't WOW me. And I think paddy is not that cute because it's shapeless and very slouchy. Yes I agree with you too, if it only costs 4-600 Imight consider it. I thought i was the only one who thought that way.

Nefredity said:
You are not alone. I am in the same page as you. I don't really like slouchy bag either. I like more structured bags. Don't get me wrong tho, the dior gaucho is not bad but it doesn't WOW me. And I think paddy is not that cute because it's shapeless and very slouchy. Yes I agree with you too, if it only costs 4-600 Imight consider it. I thought i was the only one who thought that way.

I understand structured if you're more like the sophisticated type, always dressed very classy...but for women who are mostly casual (only get sophisticated and very dressed up for certain occasions) then slouch and relaxed is better. That's my take...

yup. i think there's the ashley olsen mary kate hobo slouchy type and then there's like the ones who only carry structured bags like the novak... to each their own, well more for us!!!

Like other bloggers have said, they're really nice but they don't WOW me either. I really like the brown one and would consider getting it if the price was right. Right now, I can't justify spending that much on that bag although it is growing on me. I have a feeling that this bag will be hard to get our hands on though.