Wow - the Carly Demi is really small!

cupcake

O.G.
May 5, 2006
I got my Carly Leather Demi today and it's way too small for me. I am so bummed because I was looking forward to this all week. The measurements on Coach's website are inaccurate and that's what I went by when placing my phone order.

The listed measurements are 10.25" x 5.5" x 2.75" and the actual measurements are 9.75" x 4.25" x 2.5". The thing that really threw me off is that the Legacy Shoulder Zip is listed as 11" x 6.5" x 2.75" and that's just perfect for me, if not a tad too big. So, I was expecting something close to the same size as the Shoulder Zip. The listed height measurement of the Carly Demi is the most misleading because the zipper is set into the bag by at least a full inch and it takes away a huge amount of inside space. I put my Legacy Slim Envelope wallet in it just to see if it would fit and the wallet is so much taller than the bag that the bag couldn't be zipped. :sad:

It's a cute bag but it's way too small. I'll post photos when I get home from work tonight. :yes:

I've seen it IRL and it's adorable, but very teeny. I do love how it looks just like a mini version of the larger ones instead of the traditional demi or pouch shape.

I saw it in the store over the weekend and was a lot smaller than I expected. The pictures on the website make it look longer than it actually is - almost rectangle. But in the store it looks more square if that makes sense.

Uh-oh! I ordered a signature Demi with angora trim thinking it'd make a cute little evening bag or a nice bag for a quick run to the store. Now I worried! Oh, well, I guess I'll take it back if it ends up too small. That's a bummer!

I actually had a student today in one of my classes with the Carly demi and it was rather cute. However I agree it it is small.

I have the Sig. Stripe Demi. in black/black and I was surprised by how thin it was. But I still enjoy carrying it, it's nice to use when I go to work, so I can downsize my purse. I'm a substitute teacher and I don't always like taking my purse and all my goodies into the schools with me.

My impression of the Carly Demi was that it is beautiful, but it reminded men(size wise) a lot of the older, traditional Coach Demi, but just with a greater depth. I do LOVE how large the sig print is on the Carly, if I could just bring myself to get past the gold hardware. :P

Here are a couple photos:

carly.jpg

carlyzip.jpg

You can see how recessed the zipper is in the last photo. I might be able to get away with the size except for that - it really makes a big difference. It's such a cute bag, too bad! :sad:

Oh that is cute though..I have the Carly large..I love it..But sometimes I do grab a small bag and that would be perfect!! Are you keeping it? It looks great on you!!! :heart: Emmy

Thanks, everyone. I appreciate the compliments but the bag isn't as big as it appears. I am a lot smaller (mostly shorter) than most normal women so it looks deceiving. I can get away with carrying a small bag in terms of how it looks - I just carry way too much stuff!