Wow! Take a look at Lauren's Medallion! Sheesh!!! :O

^ i agree i know she may be rich but that bag did cost alot of $ and it is beautiful so i think it's good that she get's her wear out of it. there is nothing wrong with using a bag alot

^ I put my lambskin bags on the floor all the time... I find the fact that girl keeps carrying that busted looking bag all the time interesting. Wasn't she a fashion major student working for teen vogue or something? I got sick of seeing her with the same bag everyday. And now that bag even looks sooo horrible! Why doesn't she please get a new one?

Hey, at least she uses and enjoys it! Besides, she can afford to buy another or ten at any given time so probably sees no need to baby it.
Exactly! :yes:

She'll use it up and then maybe toss it and get a new bag. I did the same thing at her age... I wore one bag until it fell apart and then bought a new one. I didn't even have the money she has.

I love seeing rich people/celebrities reuse their stuff. So much nicer than seeing a bag used once and then disappear into their huge closet, never to be seen again.

The white stuff? It looks like paint that settled into the crevices and she didn't bother to try to get it out. At this point, it's an old bag for her. It looks pretty good, considering how much schlepping she has done with it.

Young or old, I think it just goes to show that regardless of the price or the image associated with having such a great item, she doesn't cherish it. Because after all, it's just a thing? There are so many more precious things to cherish in life, like our children and families.

it's not her only bag - she has the cambon, a vintage chanel, a whole buncha marc jacobs, etc.

this seems to be her fav, though. it's nice to see! a lot of celebs say they only wear some things ONCE!!

Thanks, Janny, that's exactly what I was conveying!:yes: Quite honestly, the reason I baby my bags so much is because I don't have enough disposable income to replace them on a whim. It isn't so much the fear of ruining them; it's the fear of once they're done, they're done (especially with the price increases!). If money were more plentiful I might not think twice about a spill or setting a bag on the ground.

That's not to say that people who don't have the money to replace them wouldn't be as equally hard on their bags as Lauren. It may be the only bag they buy for a long time and purchased with the intention of using it like a bag should be used. (And I see Jayne has already agreed with this... read her post after mine posted).

I personally PM with several members on this forum who own a collection of "stare-at" bags (and I suspect there are many more than these few ladies - one of the reasons this website exists). None ever see the light of day or get worn, yet they continue to buy new bags every season. That IMO is an addiction. I have a lot of totes that get used regularly but are treated more carefully since I want to preserve their beauty and longevity. All I'm saying is, kudos to Lauren for loving and using her Medallion! When the time comes to replace it she can have her pick of any bag in the boutique.

As for quality, that's a whole other topic! I agree that it doesn't seem like the workmanship of Lauren's tote has held up to the load she carries.

am i the only one who doesnt see what's wrong with the purse aside from the white spots on the front? or is that what we're talking about?

she uses the bag practically everyday and I'm sure if she gets the white spots fixed, it'll be in excellent condition.

am i the only one who doesnt see what's wrong with the purse aside from the white spots on the front? or is that what we're talking about?

she uses the bag practically everyday and I'm sure if she gets the white spots fixed, it'll be in excellent condition.

The white is pretty obvious to me. It is in the creases of the bag near the CC on the left. The white aside, I honestly don't think the bag looks *that* bad. I still fail to really see the controversay here. It is a bag, it is meant to be used. I baby certain bags but not others. She obviously loves that bag --she carries it a lot.

Wow, those white spots would drive me nuts. Maybe the bag has sentimental meaning to her because isn't that the one Jason got her for Christmas? She probably doesn't want to replace it (even though she has the money to) because it was a gift from him.

I've seen her in pictures with other bags, but this by far seems to be the one she wears the most.

I actually admire her for her restraint on designer bags. If I had her $$$ I'd have 20 Chanel bags by now. I guess that she has to budget her money on more than just bags (clothes, shoes), because of her "fashionista" image.

I love LC!

I enjoy how diverse we all are and I like how different we all can be.

If LC can beat up her Chanels (which with her income she certainly can)
well good for her, have all the white crap on your bag you want and get great use out of your bag LC!

As for me ....that would be a "Chanel Sin!"
I have a weird "bag love" for my Chanels and regardless on my income - I could never thrash a Chanel like that.