WOW!! Someone offered cash for my bag!!!

Jun 3, 2006
Austin, Texas
haha...I took my jenny out today again...I was walking around in Macy's and some lady walked up and said "i love you bag! where did you get it?" I was like Coach...DUH lady... she asked what it was called and I said Jenny...she said it was beautiful and when did I order it...I said I ordered it about a week ago, it was the only one left...she politely asked how much I paid...and I said 248...she said she would give me 350 cash for it...I respectfully declined...I told her it was my favorite bad and I could not part...she said she understood

I also told her they had other colors...but she said she liked the purple color...she had never seen it before

never had that happen before...now I know she my Jenny is worth $$$ lol

I walked away feeling proud! And bad for her...I wish there were more and she could get one...I LOVE my little bag :heart:

e_mau

Jul 18, 2008
Wow that's so awesome. I can't believe she just came up to you an offered you cash like that. WOW.

Wear Jenny with pride, she's unique and gorgeous.

e_mau

Jul 18, 2008
lol, I could never stop someone and ask "Hey can I buy that off you?" But I did have someone offer to buy my DH's Flaming Skull Metallica jersey he bought @ a concert. I think I was offered like $200 or something. I loved wearing it. It was hockey style (this was before I ever carried a purse.) Funny thing is about a month later it was stolen from the laundry mat dryer. :sad:

TnC

♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥
O.G.
Sep 1, 2007
lol that's cool! i would've politely declined as well if it was a rare bag too. plus that jenny is a keeper!! its to pretty to let go!

baglady39

L E G A C Y
O.G.
Sep 15, 2007
Wow, that's such an awesome story!! I've also had that happen with my avatar Abbey bag. Someone wanted to buy it really badly because she had gone to a couple of boutiques to try to buy/order it and was told it was sold out in the tobacco color. In one case, I actually gave someone detailed directions to Reading outlet because at that time when the person asked me, I knew they had 5-6 at half price there.

Heck, I would probably do the same thing if I saw someone sporting an atlantic Lily. DH asked me how much I would pay for one, and I said over retail..even for used!!

Enjoy your beautiful bag!!! You should definitely feel proud!!!