Wow...price increase already effective at Saks

yea i was pretty upset. this girl right next was holding a white jumbo classic to buy and it was at the old price of $2250. and the black jumbo i was about to purchase was $2395. I know it's not a huge difference but it's still more expensive and I rather just go to BG and get it at $2250.

It looks like Saks is trying to get in a little increase in prices before the CHANEL-wide increase, because I did hear from the SA that the classic jumbo was going up to 2650. Can they DO that???

yea i was pretty upset. this girl right next was holding a white jumbo classic to buy and it was at the old price of $2250. and the black jumbo i was about to purchase was $2395. I know it's not a huge difference but it's still more expensive and I rather just go to BG and get it at $2250.

I can understand why you are upset, I would be too. I don't see how one bag that's the "old shipment" and an identical bag that's the "new shipment" can be charged different prices? Don't most price increases go into effect on a given day rather than on a given shipment? Sounds like Saks is trying to capitalize on their EGC event today...

I was just at Saks yesterday and had a jumbo in my hands for $2250.......the SA did say they saw some new ones come in with that $2395 price tag but the price has not officially gone up yet......

I'm back from Saks - picked up my presale and got in the car, THEN thought to look at my receipt (it was madness in there and I just wanted to get out).

Guess what - the tag on my jumbo AND the price on my receipt rang up at $2395! SA had told me on Monday that she was getting me a new bag in a new box from the shipment, but I didn't put 2 and 2 together!

I called her back and she honored the real price, because I *did* call up specifically to confirm $2250 for it. Un-freaking-believable, though.

I am absolutely done with my Chanel shopping for a very, very long time.

I'm back from Saks - picked up my presale and got in the car, THEN thought to look at my receipt (it was madness in there and I just wanted to get out).

Guess what - the tag on my jumbo AND the price on my receipt rang up at $2395! SA had told me on Monday that she was getting me a new bag in a new box from the shipment, but I didn't put 2 and 2 together!

I called her back and she honored the real price, because I *did* call up specifically to confirm $2250 for it. Un-freaking-believable, though.

I am absolutely done with my Chanel shopping for a very, very long time.

I am with you. I do not like the game Chanel is playing now. So are they $2395 now and then go to $2650 in November? How many times do they want to raise price in a year!!!

This sucks that Saks admitted to selling basically the same items for different prices on the same day! Is this only happening with the jumbo flaps only? I was going to wait until next month's EGC event, but if they're going to slowly start increasing the prices of the classic bags every month, I should have gotten my GST today!