Wow, People Are BOLD!

If they ask, just tell them. Who cares how they react after hearing how much it costs? It's your money and you can do what you want with it. If they give you a 'shame on you for spending so much' look, then just tell them sarcastically, "What, are you my money manager?"

Also, if they ask, chances are they know diddly squat about the designer bag in question anyway. Try not to be offended.

You definitely ran into a bold one. I run into tacky strangers every now and then who stop me in public and ask me if my bag is real. Once I confirm that it is, more often than not, they'll ask me how much I spent! I tell them "I spent enough on it, but I love it and it's worth every penny." I rarely divulge the price. They sometimes go off on a story about how their "friend" bought a "real LV" for $50 at the kiosk in the mall. :wtf: :cursing:

its so weird...at first i used to be like OMG people really do that? and when i moved to oklahoma, almost EVERYONE asks me if my bags are real

the first time a lady asked me i was confused and i was like ummm what? haha she was like ur bag, is it a Fouie Futon?

I just gave her a dirty look and said, im sorry i do NOT buy fake bags, and yuck!

^^^^^

Look them straight in the eye and say, "It was $2000 plus tax".... I love seeing their faces.......lol....

I'm with travelbliss on this one. If you're rude enough to ask, I will be more than happy to shame you. My response to "is it real?" is "Of course!" (said with disdain)... And to "How much?" - "More than you could stomach." End of conversation.

Or maybe that's just twisted. :graucho: