Wow, never though this would happen!!! Celebrity Gossip

Wow. I love mixing high/low end fashion. There is nothing wrong with wearing a top and jeans from TJ Maxx or Target along with CLs and a designer bag. However, I can't stand fakes, replicas or lookalikes. She could have worn other shoes (not Oh Dears) without red soles that were in the same price range to be frugal, but she didn't. There are literally thousands of pairs of shoes available for purchase, she could have chosen anything. What does that tell you? I also can't believe that Celine Dion bought fakes (if it is true). It's really sad.

I have seen some super cute Oh Dear's, but I refuse to buy them because of the red sole. I would rather either shell out the cash for CL or buy something cheap with a natural colored sole. I have all kinds of shoes some expensive and some really cheap. However, I'm not going to buy a lookalike and try to pass it off as the real thing. On some level, it just seems really dishonest to me. I know that is just doesn't matter to some people, but it bothers me and I just won't do it.

Maybe even with celebrity status, there are some styles/colors they just can't get at a moment's notice. She probably could have placed a SO for one or been placed on a waiting list, but her birthday party outfit was probably pick out just 2 days before the event.

Didn't Sarah Jessica Parker wear Oh Deers once too? I think I remember seeing it commented somewhere, the shoes were blue.
I don't think there's anything wrong with Eva wearing Oh Deers, it's not like she's trying to pass them off as Louboutins -in that case they wouldn't have been displayed in her closet for the photograph. Everyone knows by now that it's not just Louboutin who uses the red sole anymore, and Eva can probably afford what she wants so she has nothing to prove. :flowers:

This doesn't really bother me. At least she's not trying to pass them off as CLs in her closet. And at least she isn't paying $200 for a fake that says Christian Louboutin on it. I guess I see buying Oh Deer's as the same as buying Designer Inspired bags at Target. Oh Deer can't make the red soles anymore anyway since CL had them trademarked in the US earlier this year.

I think it's one thing to be responsible with money or even frugal, but it's another, more shameful, thing to wear knock-offs and front like you're wearing the real deal.

I don't like it one bit! :tdown:

I don't feel like she was trying to put it past anyone. Eva found this shoe and found to to be quite cute. So, she wore it. She was not trying to fool anyone b/c OBVIOUSLY she can afford many other CLs.

I like that she has the Oh Deers. She seems more approachable and more "real" than a lot of people. Come on...I love Christina Aguilera, but do you really think she's approachable?

I've seen those exact shoes on monica on the sitcom show girlfriends (they are always wearing CL's on that show) I can't really make out the inside of those particular shoes in Eva's closet.

I think it's one thing to be responsible with money or even frugal, but it's another, more shameful, thing to wear knock-offs and front like you're wearing the real deal.

I don't like it one bit! :tdown:

^^ The winner, you took the words right out of my mouth, I like Eva, but it is obvoious that she is out there on front street with those shoes on, knowing that on a glance everyone (except the lovely members of TPF that catches these types of things) would only look at her and think "oh, another pair of CL's". I think she sucks for that:tdown:knowing that they are not:Push:

I think it's great that she had those Oh Deers! They are not CL knock offs, they DO NOT say Christian Louboutin on the insole, they say Oh Deer! So, they are Oh Deer! originals, even if they look like CLs. But I digress.

I have those Oh Deers! too, in brown :smile:

June

Didn't Sarah Jessica Parker wear Oh Deers once too? I think I remember seeing it commented somewhere, the shoes were blue.
I don't think there's anything wrong with Eva wearing Oh Deers, it's not like she's trying to pass them off as Louboutins -in that case they wouldn't have been displayed in her closet for the photograph. Everyone knows by now that it's not just Louboutin who uses the red sole anymore, and Eva can probably afford what she wants so she has nothing to prove. :flowers:

:tup: Yep, I totally agree! She knew the cameras were coming and didn't hide them in storage or anything so it probably isn't a big deal to her. She wore the shoe, saw it wasn't CL and liked it enough to keep it in her collection. They are cute shoes (minus the red sole).:shame: