WOW! I wasn't going to vent but now I MUST! Seller;s nightmare

luv2run41

May 30, 2012
Ok, so here is my story.... I sold my beloved Louis Vuitton Vernis Alma in Blue lagoon posted over 20 photos (all required by a professional authenticator) encouraged in the listing for buyers to have all purchases authenticated first etc. I also clearly stated NO dustbag but that the bag came with the original Box.

A week goes by and I hear nothing, then the bag has been delivered to buyer for 10 days and today she is inquiring about authenticity. Ok here we goooooooo. She said she took the bag to her local LV store and they couldn't authenticate it. WOW, they don't authenticate at LV stores. I know some SA will attempt to but this bag has the date code imprinted in the bag very clear photo in my listing. I responded back I would be happy to pay for authentication and provide the email confirmations. I paid to have both Authenticate4u and ***************** authenticate the bag based on my complete listing. Both came back authentic. I sent the to the buyer and now she asks,"Do all they do is look at the pictures". OH mY gosh!! I asked her to mail the bag back if she doesn't like it but now she is demanding the receipt, the dustbag (which I don't have)! I did find the original two tags and the little brown folder which I have agreed to send her. How on earth can I get her to be comfortable with the authenticity. I paid two of the most reputable online authenticators to do the authentications?
I guess my only other hope is to get the phone number of the LV store she supposedly went to and call and speak with the supervisor and ask if they will just confirm the date code was imprinted in the 2012 vernis alma blue lagoon bag? Does she want the bag or not? I asked her to send it back. I am nervous is she hoping it can be "destroyed" so she can keep the bag and get a refund or am I just freaking for nothing.

I have done all I can and treated her as I would hope to be treated but at this point I just want my baby blue back!!!

HELP~

I wouldn't send her the tags. Take pictures of them and send those but you might need them if she takes this further.

Agree with this; I wouldn't send them either. Tell her that you've provided two authentications from reputable services, and you're happy to take a return if she's unhappy with the bag, but there's no additional way to authenticate her item.

I wouldn't send her the tags. Take pictures of them and send those but you might need them if she takes this further.

Great point about the tags, thank you. I have over 970 all positive feedback and I try so hard to post all pics and carefully point all flaws so these things don't happen. I guess that is the risk you take. I will let you know final outcome:smile:

She can do what she likes. If she claims it's fake she will have to authenticate just like you did. Maybe she has had a bad experience on ebay and is worried. If that is the case she may have to shop in a store

Was this sale taken "off ebay" and done privately? I can't imagine any buyer finding your item based on the title!

After seeing the listing and reading the description, I wonder if her issue is really a "condition" issue.

You described the bag as "excellent condition but is not new." Then you go on to mention color transfer, marks on the inside, scratches on the lock and scuffs on the feet.

IMO, all those issues wouldn't be "excellent" condition.

But as we've seen so often, especially with expensive items, sellers with no return policies find themselves in SNAD disputes because that's the only way a buyer feels she'll be able to return it.

(I won't go into the fact that you listed the item on ebay and took the sale off ebay.) Actually, it appears that you might do that fairly frequently.

Thank you for all of your input and help:smile: I have two confirmations of authenticity for her as well as I found the polishing cloth, shopping bag and oiriginal tags I plan to send her and she has agreed she is finally satisifed. I had offered her the opportunity to return the bag in several emails but did ask she let me know within two days as she has had the bag for over 10. She had emailed me early on that the bag was "lovely" and "beautiful" so I knew condition wasn't the concern. I really try hard to point out all flaws and photograph them because "good condition", "excellent" condition is so subjective.

Going forward I think I will have all my listings pre-authenticated. The imprinted date codes are tough because buyers sometimes get nervous not realizing LV did imprint these codes as well. I have downsized just about as much as I plan to so I probably won't be selling much from now on anyway.

I really thank you all for taking the time to respond:smile: