Wow, I just lost my LV savings! =(((

My mom once lost an envelope with 700 dollars in it. She was on her way to the bank to deposit it, which is literally a mile from her house. She was so upset, but the fact was, it was gone. To help her feel better, we visualized scenarios in which the money somehow made other people happy. We also made up math equations like, "That's so-and-so many lattes at Starbucks, a massage, a trip to the hairdresser, and a cavity filling. So let your roots grow a bit longer, order tea and start flossing." Haha!

The point it, trying to find a bright side helps, because at the end of the day, dwelling isn't going to.

One more thing to add, a friend of mine's mon found a 2 carat diamond in a grocery store parking lot. She never managed to find the owner, and the diamond finally landed in my friend's engagement ring. My parents also adopted a dog that had clearly had an owner, but who could not be found, and they are so happy. So on the other end, your loss really could lead to happiness. It doesn't suck any less. But if karma exists, this certainly earns you some points ;)

Money is money :/ it's unfortunate however you can save up for it again. Just make sure you cancel any credit cards you have or maybe if it got stolen somewhere check trash cans for it

I always recommend not carrying money out of the house that is for a specific reason (ie saving for an item, saving to pay a bill etc). I keep it at home or better still in my savings account. I also save for LV and I just leave it in the bank until I am ready then use my savings card to purchase that way the money is never in my bag. If you do not have a bank account, maybe just leave it tucked away in a special secret place? Carrying around any large amount of money is always a risk albeit not a huge one as often one is unlucky in losing something or getting it stolen. I am still sorry to hear this has happened and hope it turns up soon.

Im really mad right now i just keep on punching the wall! Grr!

i just lost my wallet which contained my LVsavings! Heres the story

So im saving for a mick pm and zcp in graphite so i can buy it in christmas or in my trip to asia this spring. In my wallet was 20 dollars with my savings on a zippered compartment which was around$500. I keep the wallet daily in my everyday bag because i use it to buy daily neccessities. S i brought my bag, with the wallet to a foundation day or program of my old school because i was invited there becausei was in the firstbatch. I honestly remembered that the last time i saw it was there in the program. It was dark because there werelike shows and stuff. My bag has two compartments. So the only times i took things from my bag was when I got bored and was looking at pictures at my wallet, but put it back in my bag and when I took a snack from my bag because my friend was hungry. I did mess around up my bag because my phone rang and I needed to rush in taking pictures because my camera was inside. I couldn't have dropped it because it was big enough for me to see or if it would fall it would have made a noiseor hit a part of my lower body because the whole time I just sat while manipulating with my bag. Then, I had to go home. We have maids in our house and I put my bag in the sofa. A maid of ours took it to my room. Then, when we were ready to pack up and go back to my boarding house in the main city area for my studies, I found out. It wasn't there. I found out when we were halfway to the city, which was 40km from our house. We couldn't possibly go back for it. So I told my parents confidently that it was in my room. My aunt was gonna sleep In our house so I told her to get it in my room. But, I thought that if she was not gonna find it she'll notify my mother first because she does not know my number. So I called a maid back there, to check my room if it was still there. She instead called our other maid to check there. Then the reply that there wasn't any. So I panicked. Then my parents said, " did you find it? " I pretendedly said yes. So I discretely alerted them to find my wallet ASAP because if my parents knew, you don't want to have the slightest idea on what they'll do to me because it's a physical thing. So they said they did not find it, and will try finding it in the other rooms if possible. Sooner later my parents found out and I instead they comforted me yeyyy!! But still, I'm so mad right now, about halfway through saving for an lv then you have to start all over again. Just wanted to share and would like to know your opinions on where it could be based on my story.....I hope God will help me because this also happens to me 4 years ago, I lost my wallet containing $200 in a party. My mom and I also talked today, and she said that maybe the maid who checked got it and lied that it wasn't there. It was also my dada birthday when my bag was in my room. And my aunts babysitters for her child was there. It could have possibly them. But my moms said it's too rude to question them and their honesty. I really need at least just the mick pm for Christmas! I even dreamt about having it today! All opinions are welcome!

PS. I also thought of getting a Proper container for my savings a day before the program of my old school. I decided to buy the container in the city instead when we would go home,

I'm not even sure where to start. :smile: I'm concerned about the way you are articulating, lying to parents, and the bolded lines especially ^ all make me think, that are you a minor? Are you a child? This post hit me like a cry for help. I apologize if it's not the case but if there are safety issues at home, I think designer bags should be the least of your concerns at this time... until you can gain some life experience/perspective, responsibility, and independence! Sometimes it can be quite clear when our priorities are not quite where they should be. But, I digress. As far as a "proper container" - most people use a bank account to keep a savings. Have you ever learned how to bank? How to manage money? Or even just keep a locked piggy bank in your room. Hard lesson learned, not to carry around your savings to every day places or $200 to parties etc...... To answer your question though I'm guessing you either dropped it this time out somewhere and someone saw it, or a stranger or acquaintance took advantage of your possibly absent-minded nature, and took it while you were out. Your best bet is to report the loss at the "foundation day" show venue/offices.

Good luck. I hope things get better!

lshcat said:
I'm not even sure where to start. :smile: I'm concerned about the way you are articulating, lying to parents, and the bolded lines especially ^ all make me think, that are you a minor? Are you a child? This post hit me like a cry for help. I apologize if it's not the case but if there are safety issues at home, I think designer bags should be the least of your concerns at this time... until you can gain some life experience/perspective, responsibility, and independence! Sometimes it can be quite clear when our priorities are not quite where they should be. But, I digress. As far as a "proper container" - most people use a bank account to keep a savings. Have you ever learned how to bank? How to manage money? Or even just keep a locked piggy bank in your room. Hard lesson learned, not to carry around your savings to every day places or $200 to parties etc...... To answer your question though I'm guessing you either dropped it this time out somewhere and someone saw it, or a stranger or acquaintance took advantage of your possibly absent-minded nature, and took it while you were out. Your best bet is to report the loss at the "foundation day" show venue/offices.

Good luck. I hope things get better!

I'm with you, on all points, ESP how this was articulated. Lesson learned the hard way, but with age comes experience. In general, large amounts of cash just invites unnecessary risk and danger. IMHO, never prudent for anyone, honestly.

I'm with you, on all points, ESP how this was articulated. Lesson learned the hard way, but with age comes experience. In general, large amounts of cash just invites unnecessary risk and danger. IMHO, never prudent for anyone, honestly.

+1

This post seemed to hint at much bigger problems than losing money. I sympathize with the loss even then.

Im so sorry! I lost my fendi wallet last year and was absolutely distraught. A couple days later I got a call from a Walmart Pharmacy that I used only once. THe person who found my phone looked through the wallet to try and get it back to me and the only number they found was for the pharmacist, they called requesting my contact number and the pharmacist said that she would call me due to privacy issues. There are good people out there so im wishing you luck!

Im really mad right now i just keep on punching the wall! Grr!

i just lost my wallet which contained my LVsavings! Heres the story

So im saving for a mick pm and zcp in graphite so i can buy it in christmas or in my trip to asia this spring. In my wallet was 20 dollars with my savings on a zippered compartment which was around $500. I keep the wallet daily in my everyday bag because i use it to buy daily neccessities. S i brought my bag, with the wallet to a foundation day or program of my old school because i was invited there becausei was in the firstbatch. I honestly remembered that the last time i saw it was there in the program. It was dark because there werelike shows and stuff. My bag has two compartments. So the only times i took things from my bag was when I got bored and was looking at pictures at my wallet, but put it back in my bag and when I took a snack from my bag because my friend was hungry. I did mess around up my bag because my phone rang and I needed to rush in taking pictures because my camera was inside. I couldn't have dropped it because it was big enough for me to see or if it would fall it would have made a noiseor hit a part of my lower body because the whole time I just sat while manipulating with my bag. Then, I had to go home. We have maids in our house and I put my bag in the sofa. A maid of ours took it to my room. Then, when we were ready to pack up and go back to my boarding house in the main city area for my studies, I found out. It wasn't there. I found out when we were halfway to the city, which was 40km from our house. We couldn't possibly go back for it. So I told my parents confidently that it was in my room. My aunt was gonna sleep In our house so I told her to get it in my room. But, I thought that if she was not gonna find it she'll notify my mother first because she does not know my number. So I called a maid back there, to check my room if it was still there. She instead called our other maid to check there. Then the reply that there wasn't any. So I panicked. Then my parents said, " did you find it? " I pretendedly said yes. So I discretely alerted them to find my wallet ASAP because if my parents knew, you don't want to have the slightest idea on what they'll do to me because it's a physical thing. So they said they did not find it, and will try finding it in the other rooms if possible. Sooner later my parents found out and I instead they comforted me yeyyy!! But still, I'm so mad right now, about halfway through saving for an lv then you have to start all over again. Just wanted to share and would like to know your opinions on where it could be based on my story.....I hope God will help me because this also happens to me 4 years ago, I lost my wallet containing $200 in a party. My mom and I also talked today, and she said that maybe the maid who checked got it and lied that it wasn't there. It was also my dada birthday when my bag was in my room. And my aunts babysitters for her child was there. It could have possibly them. But my moms said it's too rude to question them and their honesty. I really need at least just the mick pm for Christmas! I even dreamt about having it today! All opinions are welcome!

PS. I also thought of getting a Proper container for my savings a day before the program of my old school. I decided to buy the container in the city instead when we would go home,

Uhm, it's pretty common knowledge not to carry large amounts of cash on your person on a day to day basis. Apparently one incidence was not enough. While I feel bad that something happened to the wallet and the money, you should have known better. Put it in a savings account, or your checking account or some place where it is not affected by your day to day life.

I'm saving right now too and all of my savings go in my savings account. When I'm ready to buy I will transfer that money into my checking account and just use my regular debit card to pay. Technically I could take out almost $1,000 in cash and drive straight to the store, but G-d forbid something happens? I'd rather keep my money safe in the bank where it belongs, especially if for some reason I decide not to buy on the day I take out the cash. OP, you should either consider learning about banking and utilize that to your advantage, or you should have a safe area in your room with a lock to keep funds, especially since you seem to have a lot of people in your house on a daily basis.

Something in your OP jumped out at me, though. I would think your parents would be LESS upset about a physical thing, as opposed to something with your health, your emotional state of being, etc. You mentioned your parents would be upset, ESPECIALLY because it's a physical thing. To me, that shows a little bit of a skewed priority. You should be thankful that the money was lost in a way that caused you no harm, i.e. thankfully it wasn't forcefully taken from you by someone. I am ultimately happy to hear that your parents comforted you and showed you that there are more important things in this lifetime than physical items and money.

Everything that happens in this lifetime you can grow and learn from, and this situation should be no exception to that.

Awh, I'm so sorry! I hope it finds its' way back to you. I have a stash of money saved up for future handbag purchases as well- it's hidden away safe in my closet. :lol: Anyways, good luck!