WOW, F/W '04 Eggplant City

Agree flipflop, esnipe is the best way to go. Once in a while I will put a bid on something to let my friends know that I am bidding on it . I don't like to ask them not to bid but I can always hope that they see my bid and don't bid against me. Sometimes they call me and say "nice try, but I am going for it too.". :P But even then, I usually have a snipe on it if I really want it. Remember that if the higest ebay bid is for instance 500 and 510 will be the next bid, the highest snipe will win. So if you have a snipe for 550. and someone else has 575.00, they will win the bag for 510.
Only the highest snipe goes through unless they changed it.
I paid almost 1700. for mine and I hit the BIN the second I saw it, never regretted it either. I will never ever sell my eggplant. I adore that bag. My favorite .

I agree with powderpuff on this. I am a confirmed sniper. I usually don't bid at all until the last seconds of an auction. If I do put in a bid, it's for one of two reasons: to let friends know I am interested, or to discourage the seller from accepting a BIN offer from someone else.

For example, I collect ladies Art Deco wristwatches and there is another EBayer who collects the same type. We have a general agreement that if one of us has bid, the other won't drive the price up by competing.

Good luck with your sale. I think eggplant is the creme de la creme of all of the Balenciaga colors. The bag, to me, is perfection. One has to see it, feel it in person to appreciate it. When I got mine and opened up the box, I was seroiously shocked at the beauty of the bag.:love: :love: