wow dior gauchos have no resale value!

Spielberg1

Sep 22, 2007
i thought i could sell mine for $800 (I paid over 1k for it and used it once)

But, nope!!! ZERO interest :sad:

I've learned my lesson -- so learn from me!

Only buy a bag you know you are going to use the heck out of... and don't count on being able to get your money back on *bay

:smile:

Great time to buy - bad time to sell - although the bigger and more reputable consignment ebay sellers seem to still get good $$$ out of them.

But it's true the resale on them at the moment is not good.

Great time to buy - bad time to sell - although the bigger and more reputable consignment ebay sellers seem to still get good $$$ out of them.

But it's true the resale on them at the moment is not good.

your kitty and wrinkle dog are so cute!!!

yes this economy is bad news! i hope it gets better :smile:

i also made the mistake of buying a prada antik cervo last summer that i thought i could always sell and get my money back if need be. but now i'm not so sure!!!

Nevermind the economy Dior bags always have a crappy resale value. This is because most buyers know that eventually last seasons bag go to the outlet and get heavily discounted.

The economy has effected other brands through great for buyers but no good for sellers.

Nevermind the economy Dior bags always have a crappy resale value. This is because most buyers know that eventually last seasons bag go to the outlet and get heavily discounted.

The economy has effected other brands through great for buyers but no good for sellers.

I agree. I've sold a number of Dior items on Ebay and the only times the items have sold well were when they were Dior Homme items or if they were my mom's used Lady Dior bags. I guess it's because Dior Homme is not available in a lot of places, and the Lady Dior doesn't go on sale. Other than that, the other auctions ended at very low prices. The Gaucho denim saddle ended at just above $200, which is over 80% off the original retail price!

I'll still love and buy Dior, but if I purchase for my mom I must be sure that she likes the item, because if she doesn't and I end up having to sell it, then I lose $$$ BIG TIME!

Hiya, Sorry if this is slightly off topic. I wasn't sure whether to ask here or in the Chat thread.

Are all bags discounted? What about the Lady Diors (I've seen them on sale at saks etc)? Is the resale for Dior worse than other brands? It seems that all brands with the exception of lv have sales, so I wouldn't think that would affect resale so much?

I am curious why the Dior forum is not more popular, it's relatively small compared to the other forums?

Yes I have seen the Lady Diors discounted before only up to 30% never more then that but it happens very rarely.

The Dior was forum has had members come and go, its not one of the busiest of forums but still has a bunch of loyal fans hanging around.

About resale I am not familar with LV so cant comment, but I see Gucci resale not very high either as they too have outlets that have heavily discounted bag.

I would say of the foums I do check Chanel, Miu Miu, Balanciage all have steady resale value.

This for example is a little scary...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/CHRISTIAN-DI...3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:1|39:1|240:1318

I emailed the seller to kindly let her know this bag is not genuine, I also day after reported it to ebay... It is selling reasonably well, and is still under it's reserve... and isn't real!

I don't really understand why the gaucho resale is so low... we don't have outlets here in Australia, and even on sale they don't get marked down much below $1,000... But I'm not complaining, I got all three of my gauchos for under $500US preloved... and bought and resold a baby gaucho for what I paid for it secondhand... I guess there would be a bigger loss if you had bought new...

I guess it's worth trying to continue to love them and use them!

Thanks spielberg - I love my pets, for some reason my signature pic reminds me of the "catdog" cartoon... Do you know the one??? Where the cat and dog are kind of conjoined together :P

Ah ic, thank you for the explanation LaMissy :smile: I was just surprised there weren't more fervent fans out there. I :heart: the Lady Dior lines, and am unfamiliar with the others. Some are not my style (I'm really simple), but I can appreciate their gorgeousness.

This for example is a little scary...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/CHRISTIAN-DIOR-Gaucho-Saddle-Bag-Purse-Brown-AUTHENTIC_W0QQitemZ200305882051QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_WH_Handbags?hash=item200305882051&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

I emailed the seller to kindly let her know this bag is not genuine, I also day after reported it to ebay... It is selling reasonably well, and is still under it's reserve... and isn't real!

I don't really understand why the gaucho resale is so low... we don't have outlets here in Australia, and even on sale they don't get marked down much below $1,000... But I'm not complaining, I got all three of my gauchos for under $500US preloved... and bought and resold a baby gaucho for what I paid for it secondhand... I guess there would be a bigger loss if you had bought new...

I guess it's worth trying to continue to love them and use them!

Thanks spielberg - I love my pets, for some reason my signature pic reminds me of the "catdog" cartoon... Do you know the one??? Where the cat and dog are kind of conjoined together :P

your right the photos are not showing but what I can see it doesnt look right.

PF auction always go for high they have a reputation

I agree it's not a good time to sell but if you wait long enough maybe it will change.

Come on Spielberg1 can't you give your gaucho another chance? :graucho: It goes with a lot of different outfits.

I agree it's not a good time to sell but if you wait long enough maybe it will change.

Come on Spielberg1 can't you give your gaucho another chance? :graucho: It goes with a lot of different outfits.

oh i LOVE the bag!!! its just i am stressing out about bills

im pretty happy to keep my saddle bag though -- was just feeling guilty about how much money ive spent on bags!