Wow - BV goes wild: new collection (with photos)

I agree with the general consensus. The bags are great attention-getters on the runway when staged with the outfits. But they don't look like long-term workhorses. For someone who wanted a special bag for a special occasion and who could afford to indulge, they might work well. But then, I'm looking it from my perspective and I lead a casual life so I'd have no need for such a bag.

I am going to join in the group of appreciative admirers who believe that these bags are truly art pieces but not necessary objects of desire. I find them all very beautiful but none of them would work with my wardrobe. I was attracted to BV in the first place for its monochromatic collection of very practical, easy to coordinate bags and as much as I marvel at the new design I don't see myself as a potential buyer.

I think BV is smart to push the envelope with these edgier, trendier, more one-of-a-kind bags. For all the reasons many of us like BV so much--understated, goes with lots, timeless, there's a significant population out there that would consider those virtues as boring or unfashionable. These new treatments and styles grasp another buyer.

For me, while my day-to-day lifestyle doesn't warrant any of these bags, I admit to being drawn in by a 'special' groovier piece. And I am sensing and seeing that BV/Tomas is looking several years down the road and that these special pieces could be special and relevant in 2019.

The Cabat reminds me of the Pied de Poule Cabat from Fall/Winter 2009-2010. I do like the new creative edginess. This is a trend we saw with the introduction of the Cravatteria motif from Cruise 2015-2016. I think this edginess works very well with SLGs. As others have said, these may not stand the test of time for some and may not be versatile. I personally love bold designs and colors and could carry these off with my style.
But, I would need to see these IRL to pass final judgement.

To the OP, thanks for the photos!

Mousse, I had the same thought that it is reminiscent of Pied de Poule. It's sort of a pixelized version, which Is interesting.

I don't know if this particular collection is necessarily for me, but I do tend to like having a few non-standard pieces from BV. I still kick myself for missing out on a Gorgiera Stretch Knot, for example. I think there's room in my collection for a few fun and special pieces. I'm the same way with colors--if a color or design/motif is very "me," the piece will stand the test of time in my own collection, anyway, even if someone else thinks it's a passing fad.

To the OP, thanks for the photos!

Mousse, I had the same thought that it is reminiscent of Pied de Poule. It's sort of a pixelized version, which Is interesting.

I don't know if this particular collection is necessarily for me, but I do tend to like having a few non-standard pieces from BV. I still kick myself for missing out on a Gorgiera Stretch Knot, for example. I think there's room in my collection for a few fun and special pieces. I'm the same way with colors--if a color or design/motif is very "me," the piece will stand the test of time in my own collection, anyway, even if someone else thinks it's a passing fad.
You're welcome...as soon as I looked through the catalogue, I thought, I must post about these on Purseforum! :lol:

My favorite bag of the bunch is the Roma at the end, although I don't think I'd buy it. I would consider buying a smaller bag in the pattern used in the cabat. I think it's the most versatile pattern of the bunch...it would work with several pieces in my wardrobe.

Count me in the appreciative admirers group. Cabat aside, I feel like these are runway bags. I feel the same way about some runway looks. Only a handful should be made because they are just too unique. They'd only be purchased or of interest to the collector who already has everything. Too editorial for everyday.