Wow - BV goes wild: new collection (with photos)

1. I just received my catalog for the new collection and BV has decided to step away from the solid bag colors, big time! Lots of patterns. I shot some quick iPhone photos of some of the bag highlights -- apologies for their mediocre quality -- but here's a head's up for what's coming. I will be at a BV event later this week and will ask when these bags will be available.

The first photo

bva.jpg
  2. Photos 2 and 3

bvb.jpg bvc.jpg
  3. Next up:

bvd.jpg
  4. and the last two...so what does everybody think? :thinking:

bve.jpg bvh.jpg
  5. Those flocked bags (pictures 2 and 3) were on either the Neiman's or the Bergdorf's websites recently - I think they're beautiful but I'd worry about the embellishments getting loose threads (not sure if they are finished at the edges or not). The Cabat (I think it is a Cabat) is just gorgeous, I think. I personally don't have the courage to pull off such bold designs, but I do enjoy looking at them.

6. :dothewave:

7. This cabat took my breath away !

8. The Cabat reminds me of BV 1970s vintage models

9. I love the new looks. Very interesting. And the cabat . I've yet to pull the trigger on one.

Thank you for sharing these.

10. I like the exotic Roma.
    I don't know, maybe it's just me, but BV isn't cheap. I'm not a millionaire socialite or movie star so for me, spending $3000-$4000 on a purse is a lot of money. I can't afford to be frivolous with my money.
    This is why I love BV so much. The designs of bags like the Veneta, Campana, Roma, Cabat, Rete Tote etc are really timeless. When they're done in gorgeous Nappa and in beautiful colours, they'll last a very very long time. This is what I want out of my "investment" in a good quality handbag. Something that will stand the test of time. Something that I will pick up in 5, 10, 15 years and still feel stylish. Something that I can wear with just about anything, from jeans and a t-shirt to a business suit, to a beautiful silk dress.
    So for me, I see these as being really fun and cool today, but tossed in the back of a closet tomorrow. Or kept in a glass enclosed cabinet, to be admired but never worn. I don't think any of those will stand the test of time for lack of a better phrase. Are the designs and colours funky and unique? Sure, but I don't see myself using any of them in 2019.

11. Yes, I know what you mean. I have the large Olimpia in nero (black) and it's a pretty classic style -- I'll still carry it years from now, one of the reasons I bought the bag. I am also hesitant to drop $2500 and up on trend bags, rather than timeless bags. My Gucci Boston Tian is a trend bag, but it came at a far more reasonable price (and I think this is one au courant pattern that will hold its value).

I plan to get two "investment bags" later this year and am looking for purchases that will stand the test of time. Probably a Chanel Boy bag in the new medium size or a Chanel Classic Flap in a larger size and a Fendi Peekaboo medium.

12. VON1B2....... I'm with you. I enjoyed looking at the pictures and my thanks to the one who posted them. The bags looked great with the models's outfits Personally, I would have trouble incorporating bold designs like that into my wardrobe. As I scrolled through I found myself thinking sale bags and secondary market bags. I can see someone enjoying them but only for a short while.

13. The Cabat reminds me of the Pied de Poule Cabat from Fall/Winter 2009-2010. I do like the new creative edginess. This is a trend we saw with the introduction of the Cravatteria motif from Cruise 2015-2016. I think this edginess works very well with SLGs. As others have said, these may not stand the test of time for some and may not be versatile. I personally love bold designs and colors and could carry these off with my style.
    But, I would need to see these IRL to pass final judgement.

14. :tup: agreed totally, applies to me too.

Passerine123 - Thank you for sharing the pictures :smile:.

15. I am with Mousse the cabat looks exactly like the Pied de Poule. Maybe in person it looks different. Mousse that is your assignment. Check it out and report back. Different or Same
    I think these bags are great if you dress monochromatic.
    BV bags are costly. If you invested in one I would think it would be a special occasion bag.
    I wonder what the knot bags are looking like.
    I think a solid color bag is more of a work horse bag. To me these are speciality bags that you would trot out for something special.