WOW: '04 LILAC weekender :-)

My friend works at ebay said that they are going to launch the safe guard program, soon the bidder ID will be blocked even it's not a private auction. Only the seller will see the bidder ID and the email. She said this feature has already launched with ebay motor, UK and AU :yahoo:

It just read the whole thread I posted earlier before the drama! But that's really sad the way the seller tries to fool people. It's unethical and it makes me wonder if this person has morals or believes in a higher power. It's funny how $$$ can effect people, even just a few hundred. People can be so money hungry!!

Latest update:

I should receive the Weekender any day now (although it has snowed here in the last 2 days and it never snows this much so the city is practically shut down --don't ask-- and no mail received today.)
When I started this transaction I did not know anything about this seller and then read all this stuff on here, got scared and asked her to make an unusual deal with me (that is all to my benefit btw) and she has complied with me 100%. She has bent over backwards for me, and I guess the final outcome will be when I actually have the bag in my hands.
I will post when I get it.

I'm sorry, I just reread my last post and it was definitely too harsh. I'm just so emotional about this particular situation/individual because her behavior really made me question my faith in people...that's how manipulative and awful she is. Pursendipity, I really hope you get the bag you want, but I'm saddened by the fact that this Rees character will feel like she can keep doing what she's doing because even when she's caught, there are still people out there willing to deal with her.

We should note that many (and I mean many!) of us here will not deal with this person on principle alone, even if she has the best, most desirable bag at an insanely fabulous price that she hand delivers to us together with a basket of piping hot freshly baked cookies. But principle is a very personal thing, and not a mandate. So if anyone wants to do business with her, feels the transaction is handled appropriately, and is happy with the purchase, that is entirely their prerogative and we want nothing but the best results for those who make this choice.

However, the results of a perfect transaction, the seller's sweet demeanor throughout, and her bending over backwards acrobatics should not be served up here as evidence of how we have been mistaken about her. That won't fly. I don't think that's what pursendipity intended. She's still in the middle of her transaction and hoping for the best, as we all are. But those who know of this seller's background will not be any more likely to do business with her because on ocassion the seller chooses not to swindle someone.

And in case you have any doubt, pursendipity, about what you've heard here about the seller, ask yourself this: Would ANY seller agree to ship you a $1000+ bag before receiving payment (or whatever else "unusual" request you made of her), unless they had a badly tarnished history?

But principle is a very personal thing, and not a mandate. So if anyone wants to do business with her, feels the transaction is handled appropriately, and is happy with the purchase, that is entirely their prerogative and we want nothing but the best results for those who make this choice....

[T]hose who know of this seller's background will not be any more likely to do business with her because on ocassion the seller chooses not to swindle someone.

I totally agree with the above, decophile. And, once again, I'd like to voice my apology for letting my emotions drive me to judgment.

^ well... cookies... I don't know, that might sway me... (kidding)

I'm of two minds about the hidden bidder list - sure, it will prevent scammers from contacting bidders on other auctions, and it will prevent well-meaning eBayers from letting people know when they're bidding on fakes (yes, against the rules). But it will also prevent us from seeing when shill bidding is occurring. There are a couple of recent auctions (at least one involving this person) that would have ended very differently if PFers had not been alert to fishy IDs in the bidder list.

^I too can see the pros and cons of private bidding, but I think on balance I lean towards bidder identity being open. It's not too much to ask that buyers not deal with people who contact them outside of a transaction. I mean really, just say no! But from what I read elsewhere private bidding is going to be rolled out throughout all ebay. ebay needs to concentrate more on making their system hacker safe so seller and bidder accounts aren't hijacked left and right.

I'm of two minds about the hidden bidder list - sure, it will prevent scammers from contacting bidders on other auctions, and it will prevent well-meaning eBayers from letting people know when they're bidding on fakes (yes, against the rules). But it will also prevent us from seeing when shill bidding is occurring. There are a couple of recent auctions (at least one involving this person) that would have ended very differently if PFers had not been alert to fishy IDs in the bidder list.

I see these points, too. I just don't like my very expensive:wtf:purchases on display for everyone in the ebay world to see and know about. This is more of where I'm coming from.